Question of the Day - Monday, April 29, 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2 days till May but it feels more like July here! 4 weeks till summer break starts too! :woohoo:But also::bawling:.Everyone is growing up and I am NOT ready. My eldest niece's wedding is fast approaching and that's not helping. It feels like she should be 11; not in her 20s marrying her high school sweetheart. It's my own kids hitting bigger milestones and that is what is really getting me though. I have been uncharacteristically emotional over it. Which means I am getting on my own nerves. :rolleyes2: But I do have to admit; buying a pretty, more grown up dress for DD has been fun! As has discussing hair, makeup, and accessories since it's a semi-formal wedding.

How did you meet your spouse/significant other?

DH and I had a mutual friend who became his roommate when he bought what became our first place. This friend was dating one of my close friends and had been invited to a wedding a few hours away. My friend couldn't get off work; so I went with him instead. It was late when we got back in town but we'd taken my car because it was more reliable. So my friend pulled my car up to the curb outside the dorms they lived in and was all super cheerful like "Hey it's ___!" I was Introvert maxed out and exhausted so I waved and just climbed over the center console in my little Neon and drove off. :lol: A few months later DH had bought a small place and this friend moved in. I started attending a singles/young adult group around then and got interested. 6 months later he finally asked me out. 😏

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We met on a night out with friends. We had mutual friends. I wasn't keen on him at first because he was a lady's man. And he wasn't keen on me because as he would of put it I came with baggage and 4 kid's. But those friends kept putting us together. Eventually we became friends and it stayed that way for about 3 years, him dating other people and me dating other people. Obviously neither of us got into a serious relationship, and ended up telling each other everything. Best mates. Then one night he walked me home and that was it. He kissed me and I relized I'd fallen for my best friend.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met my current significant other through a mail dating service called Pacific island Connections. I initially wrote 23 women. After about 1 year of many letters. I narrowed the group to two. When I was sure, I caught a flight to Singapore to purpose with a Diamond In hand.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first met her, she was nine, and I was thirteen. It was at a 4-H club meeting, and she was a redheaded holy terror. Finally out of patience, I told her that if I caught her, I would rip off her arm and beat her with the bloody end of it. That happened to be my last year in 4-H, as the next year I started working at a local garage. Nine years later, I was home on leave for a sister's wedding, and one night went down to the local bar. As usual at a small town place, my money was no good, as everyone who knew me- which was everyone in the place- kept buying beers. I was about to leave when another glass was set up, and while finishing that, two young girls and two older guys walked in. One of the girls I knew, and both older guys as well. Linda, the one I knew, came up to the bar to order for the table, and struck up a conversation, during which I asked who her friend was. Long story short, it was that same redheaded holy terror, I was invited to the table, and before I returned to duty we had exchanged high school class rings.
As a postscript, this year we will have been married for 52 years, so I guess that it was meant to be.

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,I was 12 and in the 7th grade,and he was the boyfriend of a girlfriend of mine....farm boy...her dad had a farm and he helped them bale hay,milk cows,etc.She introduced us at lunch one day,and a few days later he was hanging out at my locker.We dated for 5 years before we married,he put in 3 years in the Army and we celebrated 54 years on March 7.In 1970,that was the day of the big eclipse on the east coast...pitch dark when we left the church.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I have two 'significant others'! It can make life difficult, but it works for us.
I met my second in the same place that I met my first, but two years apart. The first has really never forgiven me, but we work around it.

We really are blissfully happy, except for the occasional spat over who got more of the tuna loin treat, and the odd furball.
:winkcat::winkcat:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although we had separate friend groups, within those groups, we had mutual friends so would cross paths sometimes. The main "event" where we actually hung out and talked was at a friends stag and doe. Then, the following weekend I went to the future brides house to help with centerpieces, and it just so happens that he was there to help the future husband with some computer problems. That is where we exchanged numbers and the rest is history.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tinder! I only wanted to try it for a couple of days then delete it, as my expectations weren't too high and had previous online dating fatigue. 'Lo and behold, we matched on my last day on the app, chatted for a week then met in person at a café. The rest is history <3

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I was 12; he had just turned 16 and had moved into the neighborhood. All the neighbor kids were sledding and he came over to see what was going on. We got married when I was 16 and he was 19. And, as of yesterday, we've been married 53 years.
Happy Anniversary!

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No significant other for me. At this point of my life, a person would have to be pretty incredible for me to be open to sharing my house with them. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tinder! I only wanted to try it for a couple of days then delete it, as my expectations weren't too high and had previous online dating fatigue. 'Lo and behold, we matched on my last day on the app, chatted for a week then met in person at a café. The rest is history <3
I'm pretty sure one of my cousins matched with another one of my cousins on Tinder. :lol: They met for coffee and figured out they were both related to me and that was the end of that! :flail: It didn't help that my cousin's boyfriend had broken up with her for that other cousin's SISTER! It was wild. But at least they weren't actually related to each other. :lol:
I was 12; he had just turned 16 and had moved into the neighborhood. All the neighbor kids were sledding and he came over to see what was going on. We got married when I was 16 and he was 19. And, as of yesterday, we've been married 53 years.
Happy anniversary!!
No significant other for me. At this point of my life, a person would have to be pretty incredible for me to be open to sharing my house with them. :lol:
My bestie is going through a divorce after like 25 years with her high school sweetheart. But that's pretty much her sentiment. :lol:
I don't go anywhere anymore so tye only way I'd meet anyone is if they did a B &E( break in and enter) :dunno::flail:
Someone told me they only place they go where they could meet someone is at the doctor's office. I'm not sure if that's any better!