Question of the Day, May 1, 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :happycat: I spent most of this past weekend cleaning, dusting, vacuuming and doing laundry. It’s a dirty job but someone has to do it. :biggrin: I realized most of the products I use are by Lysol. I really like the way they clean the kitchen and bathroom. I’ve relied on their brand for many years and it hasn’t let me down.

WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE CLEANING PRODUCT?

Last edited:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I use spray Spic and Span most often, since I like it’s scent best, but also use 409 for some cleaning because I think it is better on grease

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Lysol as well. I used to get either Lysol or Clorox products, whichever was cheaper. During COVID I learned that Lysol products remain active for two years and Clorox for one year so now I usually buy Lysol.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
method brand all-purpose cleaners for general cleaning, method glass cleaner, method hand soap and dish soap ... I have extremely sensitive skin, and method brand doesn't aggravate those issues, cleans really well, and has a number of scents that I really enjoy (not just the usual citrus or pine).

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pretty much make my own from Mr Clean antibacterial liquid cleaner (a couple of tablespoons in a squirt bottle and add water) and I use it almost everywhere.Same mix as what I mop my floors with.It's cheap,does a great job and it works for me.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Murphy's oil soap for the home and cat room(s). For non-cat areas (aka, work), I really like Young Living's Four Thieves cleaner. It's an amazing stain remover and smells so good.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We prefer 409 spray. Dawn dish soap. Resolve Pet Expert for kitty vomit on fabric.

Puracy is decent on the ever present macaroni and cheese stains.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
For getting stains out of a cup, Jif.
I really could use a cleaning product that gets stains out of my coffee cups. I never heard of Jif but will have to look into it. Thanks!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really could use a cleaning product that gets stains out of my coffee cups. I never heard of Jif but will have to look into it. Thanks!
I just looked to see if it's sold in the US - apparently it's called Cif in a lot of countries and sold as a co-branded product with Scrub Daddy.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_6944.jpeg This b/c it means less trips to the dump, easy to store, better for the planet.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I make my own: Bicarb, vinegar, eucalyptus lavender and tea tree essential oils.
Clove oil dissolved in alcohol with water for mould.
And a product we have here called Amaze Safe 'n' Clean , for really difficult stuff.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anti-microbial wipes. I tell people that I'm an environmentalist until I clean the bathroom, because I do not want to reuse anything I've used to clean the bathroom.