Litter Kwitter problem

Pavel Nahornyi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! We are flush toilet training our cat using the Litter Kwitter kit. The red, orange and green levels passed without problems, however, after removing the green ring, the cat began to go to the flush toilet incorrectly. She, trying to place her paws comfortably on the rim, turns her tail anywhere, but not towards the bowl. As a result, urine flows directly onto the floor, feces remain on the rim, etc. Has anyone encountered such a situation? How to correct the incorrect position of a cat?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's my advice, as well. Go back to the last successful stage, and stay there for a bit longer. Not ALL cats will ever successfully use a method like this. You are asking that they ignore millions of years of instinct. Some will, some will not.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree, back to the last stage that worked.

Also as a gentle reminder, keep a litter box (or pee pad)as well or as your cat ages (or if he gets sick) and looses mobility you will have messes to clean. They won't be the cats fault, just that they need adjustments for accessibility as they age. It's easier to keep a litter around than to retrain it if theyve already started pottying elsewhere...