What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think you're set with how to do it! I think we might have locked the door to the girl's room just because I knew some kids might be along since our church used to always pitch in and help people move. That was nice! I was tempted to see if anyone from the homeschool group had a teen to loan my parents with their move but they hired it out and DH took a day off work. Preparing the pet stuff ahead of time especially just makes it go smoother. And labeling boxes well. :lol:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder what they’d do with a bigger duck bath? 🤔 You think they’d invite more ducks?
I don’t know but this afternoon I had another pair show up and the female tried her best to take a full bath in it, sort of the way a bird does. Splashed out about half the water ! I was thinking about maybe getting some kind of a larger water container for them. Thinking a litterbox, new of course, would be a perfect size!

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
anyone have a better plan or ideas that will make things easier on her?
One thing you can do is to take an old sheet (now), and cover something that she lounges on with it. Let her shed all over it. When it is almost time to move, cut the sheet into 12-18" squares, fold it fur-side in, and tuck them into a large plastic bag. Once she is set up in her base camp, and the furniture is in the REST of the home, unfold those squares and place several in every room before releasing her into those areas. EVERYWHERE she goes, she will smell herself already there. Instant territory.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got to watch my nephew’s kindergarten program via YouTube tonight. He is 110% his father’s son!! :lol: All over the place, out of order, spiderman posing…and the sassy pointer finger from another little “seal” told me his classmates are used to his antics and she wasn’t having it! :oops: Worked too though!! :flail:

Deffinitely a fun end to a day that started with me pouring egg whites in my coffee instead of creamer. 🥴

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Deffinitely a fun end to a day that started with me pouring egg whites in my coffee instead of creamer. 🥴
I feel like a review of that needs to go in our coffee and tea thread. :lol:

-------

Sometimes I ask myself "Lari, why have you not lost this baby weight yet?"

And then days like today where I take my two tiny humans to a chocolate festival and stock up on fudge and mystery British chocolates and share a frozen hot chocolate with the girls (though J had the majority) I'm like "oh yeah, that's why."

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel like a review of that needs to go in our coffee and tea thread. :lol:
Fortunately my brain noticed the cream wasn’t as white as normal almost immediately. It was the last pod of that coffee blend though. :rolleyes2:

In my defense the cartons are the same size and brand. And both used almost every morning. Just separated in the fridge by a bottle of wine that I haven’t gotten around to drinking yet. And I have a cold still clearing from my head. And its almost the last week of school. So who knows. I should have DoorDashed myself something good after that since I likely did not have it together enough to drive. ;)

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
gf and i are planning to buy a town home after our lease is up here my plan for graycie during the move is to get her into the new place the night before(with all her trees etc.) into the room that will be hers gf and i will stay the night with her in new place then go the following morning to complete the move into the new home while she is tucked away into her safe room. i figure that will keep her safest and out of the way during the chaos of the move anyone have a better plan or ideas that will make things easier on her? :oops:thoughts on the new furniture and decor etc. shopping thats gonna happen that will help me get by will be appreciated to:lol:
I believe you've got a great plan for Graycie to have the least amount of stress- all her belongings toys,litter boxes etc are going to give her comfort and shell quickly adapt- wonderful plan sleeping there with her the night before as well👍

You mentioned" shopping ' to help you get by? I'm not sure I know what you are asking but will you be moving over the course of a few days,in one day and are you far from your present place? I ask because some very simple things can mean a lot when you're in between 2 places and you get,hungry,thirsty or need to use the bathroom and want to rest before another trip ! Little things like soap,spray cleaner ,paper towels,toilet paper,couple of towels,some paper plates & cups ,bread,condiments,the microwave,coffee pot & cold bottled water on the first trip ....I used to clean the fridge and bring the contents of my fridge and everything from the food pantries first- if my kitchen is set up then I'm pretty much HOME and take it easy..... Lol,can't dilly dally in the old place or crash there if necessities are gone!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe you've got a great plan for Graycie to have the least amount of stress- all her belongings toys,litter boxes etc are going to give her comfort and shell quickly adapt- wonderful plan sleeping there with her the night before as well👍

You mentioned" shopping ' to help you get by? I'm not sure I know what you are asking but will you be moving over the course of a few days,in one day and are you far from your present place? I ask because some very simple things can mean a lot when you're in between 2 places and you get,hungry,thirsty or need to use the bathroom and want to rest before another trip ! Little things like soap,spray cleaner ,paper towels,toilet paper,couple of towels,some paper plates & cups ,bread,condiments,the microwave,coffee pot & cold bottled water on the first trip ....I used to clean the fridge and bring the contents of my fridge and everything from the food pantries first- if my kitchen is set up then I'm pretty much HOME and take it easy..... Lol,can't dilly dally in the old place or crash there if necessities are gone!
:lol: :flail:well we looked at a place yesterday to get an idea of exactly be like living in a bigger home 3 bed 2 bath versus the single bedroom we are in now. i think ill be ok and probably be the one wanting to shop the kitchen had much more room to play with:lol: