What's For Dinner? - 2024

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was some popcorn, and something else, which I forget.. It was a really sleepy day for me.

Today: I was craving solid food and meat at that. Limited resources, so I walked next door to get a roast beef sandwich with some fries. I had been craving fries for over a week. This is an almost nationally known roast beef place, which began right next door to where I live; on the beach in Revere. It is Kelly's Roast Beef. It used to be great but has gone downhill quite a bit. But I 'needed' beef...I do not eat much meat; craving ti occasionally. That is when I know my body 'needs' it.

I was cautious about ordering the roast beef, because the last time I got it, it was all gristle. This time it was excellent. I got a small.. I could have used a kids portion, cuz it was so huge! The fries hit the spot!! I could not eat all of it.. but it was so good.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our daughter and son-in-law are visiting and he loves to cook - he learned from his father. He's been making dinner every night and I do the clean up but this late this afternoon we had brick oven pizza from a wonderful restaurant in the city. It was so delicious and facing the river watching all the dogs walk by was a bonus. :thumbsup:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy,had my favorite last night ( duh- Chinese food) lots of leftovers

I worked hard yesterday exercising my new bionic knee so I rewarded myself with Orange beef,Roast Pork with mushrooms,pork fried rice and house special mei fun which has shrimp ,chicken & pork in it----

Kinda counter productive,I ate like a little piggy and then skipped my nightly exercises,didn't walk much afterwards and woke up stiff as a board!!! Rofl- guess it was worth it,I'll work more today and make up for it

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Very busy day today getting ready for his day on Wednesday so no cooking.
Good luck to your husband on Wednesday, we will be thinking of you. :grouphug:

Our daughter and son-in-law wanted Kosher style hot dogs that they can't get in the UK so we went to their favorite spot here. The only thing vegetarian was grilled cheese but it looked kinda greasy so I brought a snack for myself and just got the french fries which were great. 🍟

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be another bacon and tomato sandwich, because I'm just craving them. Dinner MAY be the same thing, again, which would use up the bacon, AND the tomato, and force me back to eating something a bit more healthy tomorrow!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers...it means more than you know!I am scared,and I didn't think I would be,and the crappy weather coming tomorrow doesn't help after last night!Anyway,I made a nice dinner of braised seasoned chicken breast with gravy,noodles and buttered corn.Delish!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am scared,and I didn't think I would be,and the crappy weather coming tomorrow doesn't help after last night!
I have a feeling everything will go well for your husband's surgery tomorrow. Try to get a good night's sleep and please keep us posted when you have a chance. :heartshape:

Leftovers from lunch - roasted cauliflower, guacamole and seasoned black beans with rice. Raspberries for dessert.