My poor Puddy Tat

Britt Ford

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed alittle blood in literature box I called my cat vet late on a Friday and left message about 15minutes after closing, they called me right back and told me that there could be problem UTI or blockage and advise to take to urgent care vet. Definitely a UTI and xrays showed a bladder stone. They prescribed him antibiotics and pain meds Simbadol ( did not tell me about pain med SIDE EFFECT.) do not recommend this narcotic High as a kite, eyes dilated, rilling around literally away almost 40hrs. Took to reg. vet Monday had stone removed Tuesday came home Wed. ( w/ urgent care & surgery $1400 later)On special urinary diet both wet and dry, was in huge kennel for 5 days still on antibiotics and made sure he was eating before antibiotics. Healing well back to normal I thought.. 10 days post op Friday again started throwing up, did not give antibiotics Sat throwing up again ...uhg What can I do any recommendations beside calling vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Britt Ford

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Puddy is 7yrs old nurtured never had a problem until now.

orangie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don’t have any advice for you (unhelpful I know) but I hope that things have settled down for you both and that someone with some experience in this area pops by to reply.
Best wishes - keep us in the loop.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is he urinating? What about defecating? How does his incision look? Is he still being confined or is he out now? If he is out, how active is he being?
With a cystotomy, there is always a risk that there could be a problem with sutures closing the surgical site on the bladder. If the bladder leaks into the abdominal cavity it is very serious and leads to sepsis. So, take any signs of illness seriously.

Britt Ford

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is he urinating? What about defecating? How does his incision look? Is he still being confined or is he out now? If he is out, how active is he being?
With a cystotomy, there is always a risk that there could be a problem with sutures closing the surgical site on the bladder. If the bladder leaks into the abdominal cavity it is very serious and leads to sepsis. So, take any signs of illness seriously.
He has been out since day 6 post op, yes to all other question , gums look pink so I know he's hydrated, no redness or heat from incision, everything seemed normal until day 10 & 11 throwing up of food.

Britt Ford

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will keep close eye on him and put a call into vet ty

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He could be having a reaction to the antibiotic. Vomiting is a very common reaction. That is why they say take with food. It could also be a delayed reaction to the anesthesia. as long as he is eating/drinking/using the litter box, everything should be OK. If he starts refusing to eat and hides he needs to see a vet. How is he now? How much longer was he supposd to be on antibiotic? I hope the pain meds are still not being administered, there could be a reaction to that too. all the luck!