Ceramic vs Stainless Steel

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am in the market in purchasing a water fountain for the cats.

I am not sure.. which is better.. ceramic or stainless steel? Ceramic is $7 cheaper.

those are my choices above. reviews looks good for both too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
yea, I am leaning towards the steel. 

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
they were drinking from stainless steel bowls, and recently plastic food bowls. I just recently bought stainless steel dishes for them

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Personally, I'm a fan of stainless steel, but I'm the person who ends up breaking the ceramic.

On a serious note, though, if you chip the ceramic, you lose the bacteria-restantness, so while it's a bit priceier, the steel will likely last longer. 

violetxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One thing I'd thought I'd add, ceramic bowls are great if you have a cat that spills their water bowl often (clumsy or if you have kittens). When I worked in a shelter, a ceramic bowl was ideal to use because in such a small cage its easy for them to knock them over especially if their stainless or plastic. However, if that's not a problem I would definitely choose stainless for the reasons already mentioned above.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
thanks for the suggestions! I think I will get the steel.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
they have those stainless steel bowls. But I want to try to encourage one of my cats to drink more. I never, ever see him drink(maybe when I am not home?) He's hydrated enough with the scruff test, but I'd like to see him drink. Im thinking maybe a fountain will help

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a fountain or a ceramic bowl I find best to encourage those reluctant kitties to drink. I think if you put water in a stainless bowl they can see their reflection and if you have skittish kitties like mine they don't like to see themselves. I prefer stainless for food however.