Screens

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats saw me out in the yard and decided that they wanted to join me. So they clawed 2 holes in the mesh sscreening up on the second floor porch to get out.
Question: Do they still make rolls of METAL claw proof screening to replace soft mesh screening ?

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats saw me out in the yard and decided that they wanted to join me. So they clawed 2 holes in the mesh sscreening up on the second floor porch to get out.
Question: Do they still make rolls of METAL claw proof screening to replace soft mesh screening ?
They do. What I used though when I had a screen porch was bird netting that I added onto frames surrounding the screens. It kept claws from reaching the screen and they could not get through it.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped having screens in our windows when my RB kitty Swanie was trying to scratch his way through. I would love to get something that is cat claw proof but I'm not handy to make something.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Think its actualy meant to keep people from smashing the window with a rock to gain entry. They look a bit prisony for my liking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped having screens in our windows when my RB kitty Swanie was trying to scratch his way through. I would love to get something that is cat claw proof but I'm not handy to make something.
I solved the problem of the porch screens. A handyman added an extra metal wire all around.
What I am afraid of now are my double hung windows which all have those soft mesh screens. There is no way to reinforce those and there are too many to fool with. So the little ones will just have to behave themselves.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I solved the problem of the porch screens. A handyman added an extra metal wire all around.
What I am afraid of now are my double hung windows which all have those soft mesh screens. There is no way to reinforce those and there are too many to fool with. So the little ones will just have to behave themselves.
You are lucky if they do behave. My RB kitty Swanie is the one who was scratching the screen, so we decided to just not open the windows. Once we took them out to paint the house we just never put them back. I would love to be able to open a window or two, but my little P.I.T.A. Austin would be on them in an instant.