Question of the Day, Sunday May 5th

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you good at remembering birthdays, anniversaries and the like?

I am terrible with it. I know DH's and my brother's. I used to always carry a little pocket calender in my handbag and it worked wonders. I only have one birthday saved in my phone. As for anniversaries, DH and I both forgot ours so many times that we came to a mutual agreement that we wouldn't celebrate.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I try to remember other people's special days whether a birthday, anniversary, etc. But I keep track of them on my calendar. As for my immediate family, I always remember them.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, I am so bad with dates. I can remember my dog's birthday, my mom's, my brother's (we're twins so, obviously, lol), and a couple friends that I've known since childhood so have known those dates for a long time. Everything else, I remember the general month and I might be able to get the right day, but it's less certain.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to be really really good at remembering birthdays. Now the family is just too big. I still do a pretty good job; but not like before. I literally have 18 nieces and nephews between my stepsiblings and DH's sisters. That's not counting cousins I'm close to or my godchildren or close friends. I know their birth months (some I don't see except on rare occasions because their dad is Navy; another batch lives too far away) but not days. Several are really close together. It's a weird thing my family has; Irish twins and getting pregnant in batches. :lol: Today is the eldest grandchild on my side's Heavenly birthday; which is very close to my son's too. So I'm just as guilty. :rolleyes2:

Anniversaries I do by month unless it's my own. I have a few in my phone so that helps. I really should get all the kids in there at least. Then I'd have no excuses to completely forget. They might not get cards (I'm really good at buying and then not mailing...) but a text is better than nothing right? :paperbag:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My brother and his wife somehow remember a complicated maze of things. They have more family than I do, and a lot more friends. Not only do they remember all those birthdays, etc. but they celebrate things like the anniversary of their third date (maybe not exactly that, but you get the idea). To each their own and more power to them. DH and I would never make it, though. :headshake:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not the greatest at remembering birthdays, I think I know around 3 or 4 by heart :lol: Same with anniversaries, I just know my parents, my BF's and I, and one of my closest friends (Mainly because I was the bridesmaid at the wedding).

Thank goodness for calendars and social media reminders!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don’t really celebrate much of anything any longer. For example May 5 is our anniversary (47 years). Our exciting day was go to church and come home to do what we do every day- nothing. I do remember my kids and hubbys birthdays. None of the kids are married so no anniversaries to recall.

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am pretty good at it. In part because we had to memorize a ton of dates in school. I also tend to relate events. Like Bobby's birthday is this date because this event also happened or is the day after his mom"s