HELP, Is my cat infertile?

KeyKeiiIndah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone! Im coming back here to try to find out if it’s possible that my Scottish fold is infertile without even having the procedure of sterilization?

Odin is already an 11 month old male kitten (a white fur odd eye kitten) and since his female sister is already sterile we also thought of sterilizing him but until now here’s not many signs of him maturing, his testicles seem so small compared to my friends BSH cat who is only 5 months old.
Odin never had any marking behaviors, he’s never tried to hump pillows, toys or never developed any mating behaviors so far and even though he’s getting close to being a 1 year old already..

Every time I’ve looked at his bum I’ve noticed that his testicles are very small and during touch it almost felt empty-ish? Almost as if there’s only skin there and a little bit of fur.. it’s my first and only male cat that I have and I’m confused whether he’s already infertile and there’s no need for sterilization since his sister is already sterile female? Odin was always being super healthy and his behavior was absolutely loving and clingy much more than my female cat, even his meow is much more softer than our Cairo!
A friend said to me that white furred male cats have less testosterone than female cats and I don’t know how true is that but is it possible that Odin is a type of cat with small amounts of testosterone?
like a usual Scottish/British kitten Odin is having the chubby cheeks and he’s a bit bulky already

PS, last time Odin saw a vet he only advised to wait until he’s over a 1 year old to sterilize him and he’s never noticed anything about the size of his testicles or behavior but maybe it’s because during last visit Odin was 8 n half months old..

can you guys give me advice and help with knowing whether odin is healthy and sterilization is still necessary even if he’s not fertile?
If there’s any facts about white cats that I should’ve known I’d love to hear it 🙏🏻🙏🏻❤

Attachments

eevans3373

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Weird. He looks neutered. My boy had big, massive black balls even back when he was a tiny kitten. Have you had him since he was born? How big is he compared to his sister?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would definitely talk with your vet. It's possible he's already been neutered or perhaps his testicles haven't descended. He does look neutered to me, though, but I am not a professional.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. He may be a cryptorchid cat. It is when the testicles never dropped. I would schedule an appointment to get him neutered ASAP. Even though his sister is spayed, he may just be developing late and you want to neuter him before he starts spraying. Very hard to stop it once he has started.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KeyKeiiIndah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Weird. He looks neutered. My boy had big, massive black balls even back when he was a tiny kitten. Have you had him since he was born? How big is he compared to his sister?
Absolutely I’ve also been so confused about this since I’ve never had male cats personally (Odin is my first) but all of the friends that I have always had boy cats with big balls and pretty chunky necks since all of them are either British or Scottish cats, I’ve already made my appointment and we’ll need to see vet with Odin just for the safety I hope he’s all healthy and fine.. while purchasing him his siblings all looked pretty different he’s not a pedigree cat and he’s the only kitten who looks like his mom (also white and odd eye) while all of his siblings were skinny and small compared to this big boy at that time

pics show Odin’s mom and his siblings

Attachments

KeyKeiiIndah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. He may be a cryptorchid cat. It is when the testicles never dropped. I would schedule an appointment to get him neutered ASAP. Even though his sister is spayed, he may just be developing late and you want to neuter him before he starts spraying. Very hard to stop it once he has started.
Thank you so much for your reply it’s really helping me understand Odin more since he’s my very first male cat ever and the breeder didn’t give any helpful information whatsoever (I live in Indonesia and here breeders are not as helpful and honest at times sadly) he only said to me after I confronted him few days ago that Odin is a white cat and EVERY white cat have a late development so his testicles will always be smaller than other colored cats.. it’s shocking if Odin got neutered at the age of 4 months or before since that’s when I got him.. 😞😞

KeyKeiiIndah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would definitely talk with your vet. It's possible he's already been neutered or perhaps his testicles haven't descended. He does look neutered to me, though, but I am not a professional.
Thank you so much for your help! If Odin was neutered it’s very shocking to me to know it was before he turned 4 months old when I adopted him, I didn’t think it was even possible! All I know is when I asked the breeder about the issue few days ago he talked about how every cat that’s white furred is having small testicles and they grow and mature both mentally and sexually very lately compared to other cat colors but everywhere I looked online no one ever talked about this, it doesn’t seem very believable.. after going to vet visit I want to make sure about the issue and hopefully Odin can be healthy and get sterilized safely when it’s needed

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As far as I know, the color of the cat has nothing to do with when they develop. Scottish Fold Cats usually reach maturity at 18 months. There are certain larger breeds that develop a slower than most like the Maine Coon Cat.