Zhu Zhu hamster toy

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have any of you seen this? It's a toy for children that is apparently supposed to go on some sort of track. It moves around on the floor, switching directions, spinning, and making all sorts of weird noises.

My daughter got it from her school "treasure box" where parent's donate toys and school supplies and kids can earn credits to spend on it. Anyway, I can't see how a child older than a toddler would be amused by this (it's recommended for ages 4+), but Oliver is completely fascinated by it.

He watches it cautiously, like he's stalking it, but if he decides to approach it, he doesn't attack, rather he sort of bats at it and then backs up. His other toys he just totally attacks. But this one, if he knocks it sideways such that it can't move, he seems really disappointed and looks to us to make it work again. There's a button on the back you have to push every couple of minutes or so before it times out. 

I figured I'd mention it because there's a cheaper version of this one we have on Amazon called Kung Zhu pets that seem to be the same thing, highly rated, and cheaper. 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My nieces and nephews were into them a couple years ago.  My BFF's DD was as well.  I'm not sure if she still has them.  She was 8 or so I think when she was into it.  They had more some boy versions that my nephew liked and they went on some kind of track thing I think.  I'm pretty sure we bought him one.  I think BFF's DD just let them go around.  BFF let DD play with them when she was smaller and her DD was at school. lol 

We don't have any ourselves to try on the cats.  My cousin has a somewhat similar toy made for cats.  I'm not sure how her cat reacts to it either.  I'll have to ask BFF if they still have any and if I can borrow it to test on M&N!

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have a ton in our house. Instead of using the track, my kids would set a bunch up in the kitchen and guess which would be the last one to fall over. My cats were a little overwhelmed, but they had 4-6 going at one time.

They're cute but I had to cut them out of my DD hair more than once.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
We have a ton in our house. Instead of using the track, my kids would set a bunch up in the kitchen and guess which would be the last one to fall over. My cats were a little overwhelmed, but they had 4-6 going at one time.

They're cute but I had to cut them out of my DD hair more than once.
   That sounds horribly like the kind of thing I would have got up to with my friends as a child if we had had stuff like this.....

I'm going to have to go and look on line for them and see if Mouse might like one.