Zazzou

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sadly I've had 2 beauties pass on the last 3mo, so will put them separately here. This is for my Zazzou.
I met Zazzou while volunteering at the animal shelter back in 2010. She came angry, covered inn such horribly matted fur that it took a shelter employee and myself 1.5hrs to pull them away from her body and them cut off and comb through. I was trying to get her available for adoption events for a better shot of a new home. Her owner just dropped her there at 10yrs old saying her son suddenly became allergic.:/
She perked up immediately after the grooming. Not in pain anymore. She was there several months and at theend of her 2nd adoption event with no positive takers (I turned down a bad family wherethe kids said... Whatever happened to our kitty? Dad said they didn't pay attention to it and he got rid of it.😠). I still remember calling my husband and asking.... What's it going to take to being home this cat? He said, Leave Kaitlyn there. Kaitlyn being my daughter. I was like.... Done!
Needles to say, I brought them both home.😊 She was such a joy from day one. But she had digestive issues from day too. Threw up daily. For 1.5yrs we went to the vetand constantly tried new foods on her every few months a new one. Trying to figure out what was wrong. I moved far away for 1/2 a year and when I came back the newest vet there sent her to an oncologist who then diagnosed her with scl GI.:(
They gave her 1-3yrs absolute tops on chemo. Well my beautiful gal lasted for 5.5yrs. And it wasn't the Cancer that got her, but kidney failure. Her last 1-1.5yrs we switched her from Prednisolone to cbd tincture and she became more outgoing & loving.
Her last half was a little rougher. Kept getting uri's. From Her long nose dipping in her wet food an breathing in I think. I spent that time knowing her time was limited so babied the heck out of her and waiting hand & foot on her. Each uri left her barely wanting to eatso it was pretty much like hospice care.
She is the only of the now 5 I've lost that I have absolutely no regrets over. She died 2, Dec. It left me devastated as I'd had my sweet baby for only 6.5yrs, but it seems the more time you spend on them the closer you'll get.
She was the sweetest, most darling girl that deserved better than to be treated like she had by her original owners and I how karma smacks them silly. I called her My Miracle baby (on account she lived so much longer) & she called me momma.
Well, ok, she called me Mrow. But I understood.:)
People told me shealways looked angry with her stale face and ears almost always flat down. But I said... This is her happy face! She was the most beautiful thing to me and I never once regretted taking her in.
My beautiful Zazzou.

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Zazzou, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I know it wasn't long enough, her life with you, but where there is love, an eternity is not long enough. Zazzou lived, breathed, and had her being wrapped in your love. And yes, indeed, she called you "Mama." What else would she call you? And now, from her new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she blesses you, and she sends her love, translated and purified into Love, to walk beside you down through all your days.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You saved her life and in return, she gave you so much......To take in this sweet little girl and giving her the home and the love she so desperately needed, you developed a bond of love that can never be broken. She became a part of your soul and you will carry her forward into the future for the rest of your days. It is at times like these that I always remember the quote...."Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened.".
My heart cries for your pain, but you did good for her, you gave her what she so desperately needed, and for that, you will be blessed. We here at this site know what the pain of loss is, but it is offset by the rewards we find in loving these amazing creatures of God. Take care.....RIP dear Zazzou. You will be dearly missed. You will have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a fighter! It sounds like she was an amazing cat. I'm so glad she found her way into your family. She was well cared for and loved for the time she had. Rest in peace, little Zazzou. :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You saved her life and in return, she gave you so much......To take in this sweet little girl and giving her the home and the love she so desperately needed, you developed a bond of love that can never be broken. She became a part of your soul and you will carry her forward into the future for the rest of your days. It is at times like these that I always remember the quote...."Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened.".
My heart cries for your pain, but you did good for her, you gave her what she so desperately needed, and for that, you will be blessed. We here at this site know what the pain of loss is, but it is offset by the rewards we find in loving these amazing creatures of God. Take care.....RIP dear Zazzou. You will be dearly missed. You will have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
."Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened." I think that quote will help me get through. Thank you.💗