Z/D food alternative

Dartagnan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I have a cat over a year old and has some sort of food allergy. Our vet and I have been on this food trail for about 6 months. He takes hills Z/D wet and dry. He has been doing great on it. For the past month I felt bad for not being able to give him treats. So I decided to give him treats with just chicken ingredients and he has not had any reactions to it at all. (No scratching on ears or excessive licking) so now I’m thinking maybe I can change his food? With just chicken ingredients? I’m looking for alternative food for him. Because the hills zd is very expensive and sometimes it’s hard to find cause most places are sold out of it. Any help with suggestions will help greatly. 5243ABFB-683C-4194-8AB9-B64889ECEBE4.jpeg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Chicken is a common cause of food allergies / sensitives in cats. If your cat seems fine eating freeze dried chicken treats, the allergies may be caused by grains or fillers that are common in regular food but are not in the Z/D food. You can try a limited ingredient brand of food to start. Here are some brands:

BLUE Basics® Limited Ingredient Cat Food | Blue Buffalo
Limited Ingredient Diet - Grain Free Cat | Merrick Pet Care
Cat Food - Limited Ingredient Diet - Kohapet
Instinct Limited Ingredient Diet | Instinct Pet Food
Minimally Processed Natural Cat Food Archives | RAWZ

A raw and home cooked diet are also options if you wish to explore those.