Your Kitty Loves You!

jfed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Interesting.... my boyfriend believes that our cat, Gus is merely an opportunist who understands that he is often rewarded with positive reinforcement when he acts in ways that we consider cute and affectionate. In other words, he knows how to milk it when he wants treats, meals, or a scratch.

I absolutely believe their feelings toward their owners extend beyond manipulating us into giving them what they want. This is a great article that supports the notion that animals feel the warming effects of a friendship and of love.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I thought I'd celebrate my graduation to Top Cat with some good news--

A scientist has shown pets release a "love hormone" when interacting with their owners.

So your kitty loves you!

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2014...rmone-around-each-other-humans/3691398680941/
Thanks for that great article @Raintyger   and also congrats.  I know my animals love me, since they wait by the door (dog).....well, the cat sleeps....then shows up, too.....lol.  Now this shows scientific proof. 
And it shows why I can have a bad day....see them....and my mood changes....

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think my cats love me. Whisky doesn't interact with me at all except before bedtime ehen he knows he's getting his treat. I'm so unhappy about and cry quite a lot about it. He adores my ex which really hurts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think my cats love me. Whisky doesn't interact with me at all except before bedtime ehen he knows he's getting his treat. I'm so unhappy about and cry quite a lot about it. He adores my ex which really hurts.
My husband used to say the same things about the cat. But then he was gone at the hospital for a few days. When he called for me to pick him up, I told Poppy, "Daddy, Daddy's coming home!" and her eyes got big and lit up.

My childhood cat used to pretend that he didn't care for us. But every once in a while he let his guard down and we saw the truth. Like the time we came home from vacation and he started running, then suddenly stopped as if he realized he wasn't supposed to let us know he missed us.

So I wouldn't assume Whisky doesn't love you. Kitties can pretend to be aloof but secretly be attached.

Thanks, everyone, for the congrats!

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats!! I know Louie the dog loves me. I hate he doesn't like my husband or kids. He is very protective of me. I have several disabilities. He has gone so far to nip my kids and husband.

Mew is laying on my lap. Ana is a super friendly girl. Now, Elsa/Elsie is a tux and isn't as friendly. Kinda when she wants it... not when you want a cuddle.