Your Cats Favorite Type of Wet Food?

Is your cats favorite wet food?

• Total voters

Cat_Love777

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Once my cats tasted gravy and meat products they wont eat any other wet foods!

RTR

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I add about a tablespoon of hot water to the empty can , and rinse it out on the pate! They seem to like it mixed that way and a little more moisture for them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat_Love777

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I add about a tablespoon of hot water to the empty can , and rinse it out on the pate! They seem to like it mixed that way and a little more moisture for them!
Thank you for sharing this, will give it a try!

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had to switch my cat to wet food from dry after 13 years due to a diabetes diagnosis, so let me tell you, I have tried them ALL. He seems to like the meat in gravy the best, but to be honest, I give him everything. He literally gets bored of a food after a few days, so I need to rotate. Pate, shreds, meat in gravy. He likes it all. Just not for more than a few days in a row. His food has taken over the entire bottom shelf of one of my kitchen cupboards.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We feed Belle Sheba pate because I read that gravies have more carbs. Probably just me over thinking it.

Belle isn’t a picky eater, but she loves the raw kibble we buy. She loves it enough that it works well as a treat. She also loves the raw rabbit which comes in frozen patties. She’s always hungry, but but has a solid body. Not skinny. Not fat.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 4 with distinct preferences but the one thing they have in common is a love for flaked meat. They fancy themselves fine diners when I splurge on flaked food instead of pate or shreds.

Morpheus1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We feed Belle Sheba pate because I read that gravies have more carbs. Probably just me over thinking it.
Not sure about the more carbs thing in gravy. Glycobalance, which is a prescription wet food for diabetic cats, is in gravy.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Chunks over Pate here... however that works out.
Pate is easier to ensure they eat the Restorilax though!

Cat_Love777

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Belle isn’t a picky eater, but she loves the raw kibble we buy. She loves it enough that it works well as a treat. She also loves the raw rabbit which comes in frozen patties. She’s always hungry, but but has a solid body. Not skinny. Not fat.
Raw rabbit sounds interesting, thanks for sharing!

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Pate! Max likes to lick gravy as much as anybody else, but there's not much interest in finishing off the chunks or flakes of meats afterward. He likes smooshed up pate (with a little warm water stirred in if it was refrigerated).

Unfortunate for my wallet but fortunate for my nose, he took a liking to the Instinct Original Venison and Blue Wilderness Duck pate- they both smell like nicely cooked meat and his gas/smelly loose stools finally cleared up like magic within a few days of eating this combo. :,)

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish Daisy had a favourite! As far as she’s concerned wet food is just a snack and she’s only interested in the gravy or jelly (and doesn’t even finish that). Phoebe can’t have any, she has to stick to her Royal Canin Anallergenic.

Cat_Love777

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pate! Max likes to lick gravy as much as anybody else, but there's not much interest in finishing off the chunks or flakes of meats afterward. He likes smooshed up pate (with a little warm water stirred in if it was refrigerated).

Unfortunate for my wallet but fortunate for my nose, he took a liking to the Instinct Original Venison and Blue Wilderness Duck pate- they both smell like nicely cooked meat and his gas/smelly loose stools finally cleared up like magic within a few days of eating this combo. :,)
This was witty - I will definitely have my cat try some duck pate, that's a new one.

Cat_Love777

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wish Daisy had a favourite! As far as she’s concerned wet food is just a snack and she’s only interested in the gravy or jelly (and doesn’t even finish that). Phoebe can’t have any, she has to stick to her Royal Canin Anallergenic.
Thank you for sharing that - I know someone who may benefit from the Royal Canin Anallergenic, thanks again!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing that - I know someone who may benefit from the Royal Canin Anallergenic, thanks again!
You’re most welcome! Phoebe went onto it about four years ago. She’d been on hypoallergenic wet food and regular prednisolone doses for mild IBD, but started losing weight again (only symptom she’s ever had). The anallergenic was fairly recently available here, iirc, and the vets suggested it. Costs a fortune (AU$88 for 4kg) but she hasn’t had to be in prednil since she started it and has even gained a little weight. It did give her the runs for a while but that was temporary.