Young Rescued Cat Peeing In Corners

Marablackcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey all I need help

We rescued two cats from a local rescue and one of the cats keeps peeing in corners

We keep the litters clean and she will use them but will randomly pee in corners. We have made sure there are open litter trays. We confined her near her trays intially so she knows where they are.
We tried putting her food in the corner she peed in alot and that stopped her for 2 days before she peed right next to her bowl.
Tonight she peed right under the dining chair my partner was sitting on

We cant figure out what else to try

My partner is so stressed he wants to take her back I need help!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry you're dealing with litter box issues. Has she been to the vet since this started? UTI's can cause litter box avoidance.

Does she get along ok with the other cat? Are there any other animals in the home? Or maybe that she can see/hear/smell outside?

She's spayed, right?

Also have you been cleaning the areas where she pees with an enzyme cleaner. If not, she can probably still smell her scent, which may be why she keeps peeing there.

Here's are some TCS articles on the topic which will have more info and suggestions.

How To Solve Litterbox Problems In Cats: The Ultimate Guide
Litterbox Problems? Here's Why You Should Call Your Vet
Inappropriate Peeing, Spraying, Toy Obsession And Leg And Hand Nipping
Spraying: When Your Cat Uses Urine To Mark Territory

Combat Cat Urine
How To Remove Cat Urine
How To Remove Cat Urine Odor From Your Home

Is Your Cat Stressed Out?
You, Your Cat And Stress
Six Surefire Strategies To Reduce Stress In Cats

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can't add much to what rubysmama rubysmama has already given you. I have a feeling that this is stress-related. However, a vet check for some sort of UTI would be an excellent idea. So many health issues first present as litter box issues. I'd hate for her to be sick, and have it overlooked in the (perfectly normal) frustration of dealing with recurring piddle puddles!