Young Mama Cat

Bstingbutterfly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all! I have a young mama cat that had three kittens almost aaweek ago. She had them in the box I set up for her but now she keeps moving them into the bottom cabinet of our pantry!! The problem is that is where I keep all ofe our left over grocery sacks to reuse them. So the spot she tookbe babies to is on top of a bunch of kroger and walmart wlastic bags and Im scared the babies are going to suffocate in the plastic. I set up a different box with new bedding and put the kittens in there and she moved them back instantly. What is going on? Should i be worried about the plastic bedding she has chosen?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bstingbutterfly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all! I have a young mama cat that had three kittens almost aaweek ago. She had them in the box I set up for her but now she keeps moving them into the bottom cabinet of our pantry!! The problem is that is where I keep all ofe our left over grocery sacks to reuse them. So the spot she tookbe babies to is on top of a bunch of kroger and walmart wlastic bags and Im scared the babies are going to suffocate in the plastic. I set up a different box with new bedding and put the kittens in there and she moved them back instantly. What is going on? Should i be worried about the plastic bedding she has chosen?
Sorry for the typos, Im writing this from my phone! Lol

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it’s worrisome. Just remove all the plastic bags and replace them with towels, then put everyone back in there.

It’s the cabinet that mom wants, not the bags. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bstingbutterfly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay I figured that was probably it, she just doesn't give me a chance to remove the babies and her long enough to clean out all the bags before she's already trying to move the babies back, I will put her in another room while i Chilean that spot out for them and see how it goes from there. She originally only moved one kitten. And i left her alone to see what she was doing then she moved another then finally came for the third. (This is all happening while I'm trying to get her to take best in the new box) she's pretty set on having that cabinet for her and the kittens!