Yay freezer!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't actually order any beef (since I have a 5-pound hunk o' beef that I bought at Sam's Club in the fridge right now--only $2.88 a pound!), but I did order some of the ground venison, that's mixed with beef and beef tripe. They really like the venison pre-made I bought so I hope they like "real" venison, too.
I don't mind buying a lot because I know it won't go to waste. The doggies will eat anything that picky kitties don't like!
YEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dogs eat up the leftovers too. I didn't buy the ground beef for the cats, but for the dogs!! :D They love it. The cat's - well, the four fussies NO. The two W's loved the HT beef with the tripe when I offered them a little bit. Those two will eat a rubber chicken if I served it up. :lol2:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I'm going to use this thread to keep track of what the kitties like :lol3:.

Rabbit: big hit. Went fast.

Chicken: the usual reaction. They liked it but didn't go crazy. They're used to it by now :).

Tripe: yikes! I tried to portion it out for the dogs and the cats wouldn't leave me alone! I had to give them some. They were all over it. It didn't smell as bad as I thought it would, not bad at all really. I thought that if I could smell it when it was frozen it would really stink when thawed, but it only smelled a little bit stronger. The texture was awful, though :barf:. But apparently it has all kinds of great enzymes and probiotics in it. And it's cheap! :tongue2: I'll have to order some more.

Now thawing: goose and mutton

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I'm going to use this thread to keep track of what the kitties like :lol3:.
Rabbit: big hit. Went fast.
Chicken: the usual reaction. They liked it but didn't go crazy. They're used to it by now :).
Tripe: yikes! I tried to portion it out for the dogs and the cats wouldn't leave me alone! I had to give them some. They were all over it. It didn't smell as bad as I thought it would, not bad at all really. I thought that if I could smell it when it was frozen it would really stink when thawed, but it only smelled a little bit stronger. The texture was awful, though :barf:. But apparently it has all kinds of great enzymes and probiotics in it. And it's cheap! :tongue2: I'll have to order some more.
Now thawing: goose and mutton
Wait wait wait! So the cat LOVED the tripe! :think: Hum........ I wonder what that counts as? Muscle or organs? I will bet probably muscle? I know that you don't need to balance the Ca on the tripe because the Ca:phos ratio on it is 1:1, so it naturally perfect! But Can you identify the Spleen? Because the spleen is definitely an organ, and that I know you would need to balance.... and I imagine it would take even more Ca than muscle.... Hum..... :think:
I might have to give this a shot if it was such a hit with yours!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is stomach a muscle or an organ? :lol3: I don't know! Maybe if you looked closely you can see the spleen? It's kind of chunky and stringy and rubbery. . .bleh. Or you can ask them what percentage of the mix is spleen. But, yeah, the kitties were certainly enthusiastic about it. There's just no accounting for taste! :tongue2:

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tripe is muscle meat, I don't know that there's enough spleen in the mix to worry about, I've never been able to tell it apart. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Results:

Mutton--big hit! But I knew they liked lamb and mutton is just meat from a grown-up lamb, right? :D

Goose--not so much :/. It got eaten but not quickly and they didn't seem enthusiastic.

Next up: pork and turkey. Nothing exotic this time. Llama and pheasant after that!