Wysong Call of The Wild

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will start balancing the boneless frankeprey meals for the kids here with Wysong Call of the Wild today.
They are not doing well with organs at all- throwing up, and all they seem to eat is freeze dry liver..... That doesn't really balance things really..... They ARE getting the calcium and plenty of rotation and hearts..... I must say, they are doing amazing - ***so far*** knock on wood!

I don't want to run into problems later on though.... Now that I am going to be traveling so much, this is going to make things easier for Kelly too, as it can be sprinkled in any meal - you don't need as much rotation to make the the meals balanced.
There is some non-meat ingredients, which I am not really a fan of, but I like that everything is in it - taurine, the calcium, all the vitamins, the organs..... even the probiotics and the enzymes.
Perfect? Nope - but it is a good compromise for MY situation, for my travel schedule -
Without further ado, here it is - I will keep you posted on how they do, and if there is any adverse effects, especially on Bugsy.... Also on how they like the taste....

Wysong Call of the Wild Canine/Feline Supplement is designed to balance a fresh meat, raw food, or Wysong All Meat diet. Call of the Wild helps achieve archetypal feeding patterns by providing organ meat, fats, connective tissue proteoglycans, minerals, vitamins, enzymes, probiotics, herbs and many other micronutrients in the levels and proportions found in natural prey. Wysong's Biotic formulas are concentrated, non-processed natural food sources of active enzymes, probiotic cultures, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and various other micronutrients in powdered form to sprinkle on foods. Most modern, heat processed foods are devoid of the inherent enzymes capable of assisting in digestion. The enzymes in Biotics assist in the digestion of food, thus helping spare digestive organs while increasing food utilization. The formulation is particularly beneficial to cats on processed commercial diets and to those under stress, gestating, lactating, undergoing rapid growth, or debilitated from enteric, metabolic, infectious or nutritional disease.

Ingredients - Chicken and Beef, Chicken and Beef Liver, Calcium Carbonate, Lecithin, Kelp, Plums, Dried Seaweed Meal, Milk Calcium, Ground Bone, Coral Calcium, Barley Grass Powder, Wheat Grass Powder, Organic Blueberries, Carrots, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus lactis Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Ground Sesame Seeds, DL- Methionine, L-Carnitine, Dried Yeast Culture, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Product, Taurine, L-Arginine, Phytase, Garlic, Artichoke, Sage Extract, Rosemary Extract, Choline Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Milk Protein Extracts

Gauranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (min) 18%
Crude Fiber (max) 2%
Crude Fat (min) 13%
Moisture (max) 12%
Taurine (min) 3.6%

Adult cats, older puppies and adult dogs: 1 teaspoon (3-4 full shakes) per 3 oz. (approximately 1/3 cup) of fresh meat

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am SO happy that you found a solution to the organ dilemma and this Wysong product will work out beautifully for you!!!! Yep, you do have to think of ways to make things run smoothly when you are gone. It will bring you peace of mind as well!! :clap::clap: Glad you are home and lovin' on those furballs. :rub: :heart3: :clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
What a hit! :clap::clap::clap:
I was afraid that it would be too much powder - and it is....... It is 1tsp per 3oz of meat - so for Hope and Lucky, it it 1/2 tsp - a lot for Frankerprey. For Bugsy, 1/2 tsp + 1/10tsp however I only have a mini-spoon that marks 1/12, so that's what he is getting....
Anyway.... thing is, this is TASTY stuff! It smells good enough to eat - smells like bouillon :nod:
Hope went insane! She almost make a hole on her plate so much she licked so she would get every single little bit of it :lol3: Might as well be fotiflora :thud:
Bugsy loved it too! :clap::clap::clap:
Hopefully they will have no adverse effects from it :cross: :cross: :cross:
If all goes well, I will be thrilled! This will make me feel really good as now I know they are eating balanced meals and they are getting all the vitamins, organs, taurine and calcium..... They are eating balanced meals and raw -yey!
We will see the litterbox results now.

klag

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is this the same type of thing as the Hare-Today powder supplement, Alnutrin?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this the same type of thing as the Hare-Today powder supplement, Alnutrin?
No, it is not..... Alnutrin you put on meat with bones and organs. This one you put on plain meat - say plain chicken, or plain beef - meat only - you do not need to worry about the organs or bones at all, and it will balance the meal out. Kitties LOVED it! I mean L-O-V-E-D it :clap::clap::clap:
(There is a version of Alnutrin for boneless meat, but you still need to feed organs)

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:wow: Carolina - that's great! :clap: :clap: :clap: I may order some just to use as a topper for some meals and skip the eggshell or MCHA sometimes.

I am SO GLAD you found something that gives them all they need and gives you peace of mind with your crazy travel schedule now! :bigthumb: :D Thanks for sharing!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I'm going to try this for sure!

I second this!! :D Carolina - this sounds too good to be true. IF I could find something that would work as good as fortiflora, I would be on :9: :clap::clap: I wonder if this would be alright to use as a topper on meat that already has all of the nutrients in it :dk: OR would that be "over-dosing" :eek:

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second this!! :D Carolina - this sounds too good to be true. IF I could find something that would work as good as fortiflora, I would be on :9: :clap::clap: I wonder if this would be alright to use as a topper on meat that already has all of the nutrients in it :dk: OR would that be "over-dosing" :eek:
The beauty of it, and at the same time what makes it not so good to be used as a topper, is that it is complete - it is healthy and has all great ingredients.... but it also has bone/calcium and liver - so I would be concerned to use it on food that already contains that. It is awesome that it will balance a meal from meat only, and make it complete, but with vit. A toxicity concerns and constipation by feeding too much calcium..... I would not use it on already complete meals. I am not sure if using a little bit of it would be harmful, maybe not..... It says in there to not use on canned/complete meals, and to be used as a supplement only :dk:
You can though, use on the plain chicken you have been feeding - for balancing plain meat it works beautifully! :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carolina, I used the free shipping code you posted in Feralvr's thread (FREESHIPJX) and it worked for just the supplement! Thank you!

I figure as long as I'm supplementing, I might as well rotate supplements too! :D

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The beauty of it, and at the same time what makes it not so good to be used as a topper, is that it is complete - it is healthy and has all great ingredients.... but it also has bone/calcium and liver - so I would be concerned to use it on food that already contains that. It is awesome that it will balance a meal from meat only, and make it complete, but with vit. A toxicity concerns and constipation by feeding too much calcium..... I would not use it on already complete meals. I am not sure if using a little bit of it would be harmful, maybe not..... It says in there to not use on canned/complete meals, and to be used as a supplement only :dk:
You can though, use on the plain chicken you have been feeding - for balancing plain meat it works beautifully! :clap::clap::clap:
That's exactly what I figured :nod: But thanks for confiming. I could also use it on the raw chicken that the cats are eating! Great idea. :D :clap:

I also just got my answer from Klag's post earlier. I was wondering the same thing if you could use this supplement in place of the Alnutrin for the Hare Today ground. Will not be doing that now :nod:

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, update!
It didn't agree with Bugsy..... It gave him the runs..... :( but it could be that it is just that he needs a slow intro, like any other meat... He always gets the runs with new meats.... Since I was going out of town again (in my way to KS today), I decided to pull it from his diet from now, and slowly intro it later on.
Hope is doing fantastic on it!
Gotta go, flight is taking off- later!