Working Cats

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a random photograph from 1 of my favorite cat books called Working Cats, by Terry Gruber. We all have our own cats but I’d be willing to bet a lot of people here have stories to tell about going to visit their favorite bodega cat, or the little kitten at the machine shop, or the one that picks up scraps at the baseball stadium…you know, working cats. I visit one at my favorite bookshop. (He’s so adored, he’s kind of over it, and tends to hang out on the high shelves). Anyway, I’d love to hear your stories.

IMG_6285.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When my daughter lived in Brooklyn one of the independent book stores we went to had two handsome longhaired ginger cats. :redcat:
What could possibly be better than cats and books? One of them was usually by the door and I was always worried he'd run into the street. But it turns out he liked to visit the shop next door because they would give him treats.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They're not "working" cats like that, but, a lot of our customers know our cats that live at work by name and ask if they can pop into the cattery to see them. Levi and Willie were kittens when we opened, and a lot of people were devastated by their loss.