Kitten
Purraise
I have had a few ideas given to me on what breed Miss Bella is

fluffy nebelung

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!

She certainly resembles a longhaired snowshoe, with seal-points, white feet, and a white muzzle and blaze. I am uncertain if snowshoes can be longhaired.

Does she have blue eyes? And 'frosty' ones at that?

She could also be a ragdoll! Does she go limp in your arms?

However, I am not an expert, and I have seen the term 'mitted siamese/point' going around. She may be that as well.

Where did get her from?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wbond

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes her eyes are ice blue...and has a princess attitude to boot.

And it is quite the story on how Miss Bella adopted me. I am a volunteer fire fighter and was on a medical call to a house that had 4 kittens running around. Bella was bound and determined to get attention and once I had a minute to acknowledge her she was right at my side. As we were preparing to clean up and call it a day the owners of the house asked if we knew anyone looking for a kitten as they needed to go to new homes. So long story short Bella ended up in my fire department coat and the rest is history.  She seems to be a tiny cat as she has to be at least 10 months old now and still looks like a baby. thank goodness I married another animal lover.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Hello!

She certainly resembles a longhaired snowshoe, with seal-points, white feet, and a white muzzle and blaze. I am uncertain if snowshoes can be longhaired.

Does she have blue eyes? And 'frosty' ones at that?

She could also be a ragdoll! Does she go limp in your arms?

However, I am not an expert, and I have seen the term 'mitted siamese/point' going around. She may be that as well.

Where did get her from?

I have had a few ideas given to me on what breed Miss Bella is
There are two breeds renown for this pattern, ie point and including white, or mitted point if you want.

Its the  Snowshoe, whom are created with the shorthaired siamese as base,

And its the mitted Ragdoll.   Ragdoll normally dont have white on them, unlike Birmans, but there IS the mitted variation in ragdolls, not that common but with the striking pattern, quite renown.

As Miss Bella is longhaired (or at least medium haired), and her muzzle is rather short, the diagnosis here will be easy:  She is a Ragdoll look alike.

You WBond saw her littermates, and I presume, the mom too (dad too??).  What were these looking?  Copies of Miss Bella?  Points at all?  Or non points?

Do you remember what exactly the others look?

Did the owners told you anything?

With  answers to these questions we may have a better guess on what she is; a random look alike or have a shoot to her possible heritage.

Yes her eyes are ice blue...and has a princess attitude to boot.

And it is quite the story on how Miss Bella adopted me. I am a volunteer fire fighter and was on a medical call to a house that had 4 kittens running around. Bella was bound and determined to get attention and once I had a minute to acknowledge her she was right at my side. As we were preparing to clean up and call it a day the owners of the house asked if we knew anyone looking for a kitten as they needed to go to new homes. So long story short Bella ended up in my fire department coat and the rest is history.  She seems to be a tiny cat as she has to be at least 10 months old now and still looks like a baby. thank goodness I married another animal lover.

wbond

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Miss Bella is the twin to her dad....and the other kittens were long haired and had only had black and white combo almost like a tuxedo . The owners didn't say to much except thank you for giving her a home. They were not even certain of her gender.. It wasn't until I got her home that I found out she was a she, but it didn't matter to me either way. We have 3 cats now and I do believe if it came about that either my husband or I seen a cat in need of a home we would do it again. It is a bit of work with them but each one of them has a personality that cant be duplicated for sure. I grew up on a farm so there was never a shortage of any animal.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Miss Bella is the twin to her dad....and the other kittens were long haired and had only had black and white combo almost like a tuxedo . The owners didn't say to much except thank you for giving her a home. They were not even certain of her gender.. It wasn't until I got her home that I found out she was a she, but it didn't matter to me either way. We have 3 cats now and I do believe if it came about that either my husband or I seen a cat in need of a home we would do it again. It is a bit of work with them but each one of them has a personality that cant be duplicated for sure. I grew up on a farm so there was never a shortage of any animal.
OK, so we know Miss Bella is no way a purebred, not even a pet quality ragdoll...  Although dad perhaps is.

Mom must be non point, but a carrier of the point gene.  She is longhaired.   She is probably black and white - although I cant swear on this detail, as dad has too black and white in him.

wbond

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The picture of the three of them are our cats....Miss Bella is front and center. the other two are boys....orange is Jose and tiger is Oscar.