Will she grow up long haired?

paws4life

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello.

This is my first post here on this site...

I was wondering if I could get oppinions of people who deal with long hair cats...I have never had a long haired kitten...

This is Amaya. The only information I have is her mom is a long haired Tortie (Small in size) I have personally met momma. She is stray cat that the people gave shelter In their yard with a dog house for the last two years so dad is a mystery man probably another stray or an indoor/outdoor cat. Her siblings were interesting there were 3 black cats 2 had her fur and the other had very obvious short hair then there was 2 grey tabby's 1 long and 1 short and a calico looking cat who was short. So from what I read its safe to say dad is a short haired...  Her sister that my friend is taking also has the same hair as her. If I can find her picture I will post it as its eaiser to see her hair with her markings. Darn black cats!

Amaya has pure black fur and it looks like my DLH adult when he has his winter coat in.. She had big puffs on her cheeks and all down her back there is hair about 1 - 1.5" long and down her tail. She is very fluffy and wooly feeling...

I will take better pictures in the morning because I don't have flash on my phone... I will put her on a white blanket so she can be seen...

The tabby is her sister... same litter... I may be going to their house tommrow if so I will try and take a photo of mom.

Sorry. In the pictures you cant see her fur well but she looks like a minni black version of her mom (The grey cat isn't related)

Sister

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! What beauties you have. From the pictures they certainly do look to be long haired and will probably continue to be, but you never know till they actually reach adulthood if they will retain all that fluff.