Resolved Why Did We Lose Posts?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I lost quite a few posts when we migrated - will we be getting those back?

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
I lost quite a few posts when we migrated - will we be getting those back?
Hi margd, thanks for your note. I understand your concern regarding your post count. While our staff does our absolute best to save every post and thread, there were some that we could not save. I wish we could offer a 100% save of all data but it's never possible in any migration between two different platforms.

Could you let me know what your last post count was? Maybe we can find a way to reinstate the count for you. However, the posts are gone.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Moving millions and millions of posts, over 100,000 user accounts, all the articles, photos, reviews, etc., was an incredible feat on the part of @anne , HellaSteph HellaSteph , and the other techs, and it was inevitable that a few things got lost.

The post count really only matters for those in the "junior" user groups who need a certain number of posts to get specific posting privileges, for example, being able to post in IMO.

To put the loss in perspective, TCS suffered a major crash back around 2004 (?), and some members lost about 1,000 posts; months of contributions were wiped out forever. To those who were members back then and/or experienced the last move, it's pretty amazing to see how much the tech people have managed to preserve this time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I was really just curious - I know some others had wondered about it as well so I thought I'd just ask. There's no need to adjust my post counts - as jcat points out, this was a tremendous accomplishment already.

D

Deleted member 115554

Hi margd margd

We have identified a potential option to get some of yours (and others) post counts. We will update you if we make any progress.

D

Deleted member 115554

@margd hopefully post counts are satisfactory now.

Everyone's post count is now 100% accurate. We did not miss importing any posts but we didn't import some deleted posts.
So unless someone had a lot of deleted posts, their post count should be just fine.