TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, Koobe!

Everything I've heard/read about Rodent Pro was good. Sorry, but I don't think I've heard of the other two at all.

Hare Today also gets great reviews.

Good luck!

kitty2cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I admire whole prey feeders! Way to go!

I can stomach handling meat from the grocery store, but I don't think I can deal with feeding my cats whole animals from species that I've had as pets (rabbits, chickens, other small and mid-sized birds, rats, & mice). Until I grow a backbone and a stronger stomach, my cats will just have to deal with chicken and beef from the corner store or else catch some mice themselves. Hopefully they won't read this thread and demand better treatment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have put this postponed this project. There are a few reasons:

1) Buying frozen whole prey is expensive, and if I am buying, I will have to buy a lot to save shipping cost. Ordering before knowing if my cats will like it is a huge risk.

2) One of my cats, Panther likes to bring his food to the carpet. And I cannot imagine him bring a rat all over the condo. The only other way to do it is to put them in a cage and let them finish the prey before letting them out. From the youtube videos I saw, cats like to throw the prey around. So I want to buy them a huge cage to do it. And those are at least $100 a piece. So it is too expensive.

3) I am not sure if I can handle whole prey too, I had a few rabbits as pets when I was young. I am already feeding them rabbit meat (I sliced the meat from whole myself), and I am feeling bad sometimes.

I guess it will work when I can get a hold of a cheap cage and a small order to try it out.