Who can tell me if this kitten is Persian

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, more or less.  Or rather, a Himalayan persian (essentielly a pointed persian).   Few cat has the looks of persians, so its one of the few breeds where we can be fairly certain what it is.

Himalayan persians are not so extremely flat faced as the contemporary modern persian - so without quaranties, but its probably the real thing you got here.

Do you know anything of the background story?

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your beautiful kitten looks Himalayn to me. I am not good with the color points, but I think seal point is the darker of them. posiepurrs posiepurrs is an expert with persians.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

happycat2015

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your help. I don't know the kitten back ground as I won't see him until tomorrow and hopefully if my daughter like him I will buy him and hopefully will have a lovely life with us.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you for your help. I don't know the kitten back ground as I won't see him until tomorrow and hopefully if my daughter like him I will buy him and hopefully will have a lovely life with us.
He is still pretty young.  If it is possible he may stay a couple of weeks more with his mom and litter-mates, it would be the best.

The ideal is prob around 12 weeks, but 8 weeks may be OK to go to the permanent home.  And its quite common.

Earlier than this, just in an emergency.   That is my advices.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himialayans are considered a colorpont Persian in the Cat Fanciers association while they are their own breed in other registrys. Here they are held to the same standard as other color Persians so must be more flat faced (not a technical term). Ideally the top of the nose must be even with the bottom of the eyes, but I have seen more extreme in the show halls. The face, when looked at in profile must be flat. 12 weeks is the minimum that a Persian kitten should stay with Mom. I don't let mine go until they are 16 weeks. Persians are slow developing, especially my colors (Silver and gold)