Whiskerless Kittens

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wanted to go on record that most everyone here is not "pro-breeding" however, we are all "pro-kitten." Yes, we all like seeing pictures of kittens and watching them grow but that does not mean that we advocate domestic breeding programs! Accidents do happen even to the most conciensious cat owner.

Spaying and neutering is the responsible thing to do as a pet owner. No one will disagree that there are too many unwanted cats that are euthanized every day. But it is expensive and not many vets will give you any kind of "bulk" discount. Not everyone qualifies for the low cost spay/neuter program. That doesn't mean that they are bad pet owners. At least they are finding homes for the kittens and not just dumping them somewhere or worse.

Angel - I appreciate that you have jumped into the forums here and shared your knowledge with us, especially on nutrition and cat foods. I have learned a lot from some of your posts.

There are people here with a lot of experience with cats. We have people with experience with veterinary care, working with ferals and rescues, breeders (of registered cats). Everyone here loves their cats very much and has at least personal experience with some issue or another.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also wanted to go on the record here and say most of us are absolutely NOT pro breeding. We all very much want to see cats spayed and neutered to prevent any more unwanted kitties on this earth.

But I also have to say that people like Sandie and Ken are very responsible breeders and cat owners. And are very respected on this board for their knowledge of cats, and their willingness to help all of us other "ignorant" people who don't know half as much about cat behavior or health issues.

You mentioned something about spaying/neutering being a law with the exception of a few designated breeders. I think that Ken and Sandie fall into this "category" then.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you Daniela, that was very sweet of you. I have to say, I would like to shut a few hundred breeders down!!