Whil we are om the subject of what breed is my cat...

stokeroonie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys, we have just adopted an unwanted kitten, got some pictures. For you....she is 15 weeks very vocal indeed came litter trained, but we didn't ask what breed she was or if the lady even knew lol...if you can help that would be great

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my!   There are much goodies here.   Some doubting Thomas may call him for an broken mackerel tabby, but I myself truly think he is a spotted tabby. Not show quality so to speak, but counts undoubtely as spotted tabby.  He has his white too.  And some reds... He is thus a tortoise shell tabby with white, called for torbie.  He is bluish, so he is diluted.

It gives: Diluted Lynx torbie with white.   I think.

Males arent so often torties, and these are usually sterile...

Did I said he is very sweet?

Your luck I had just eaten my midday, otherwise I would ate him up, no need for salt nor sauce, as sweet as he is!

Ps.  ah, its a she, ok, it makes it a little easier to explain.   Female torties are entirely normal and fertile.   :)

Last edited:

czygyny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Stefan, the only think I would disagree with you here, is the description of 'dilute'. The cat would have no black spots if truly a dilute. The spots would be grey and the background a lighter grey (or blue).

Otherwise a very pretty torbie with white.

I'll leave the mackerel vs spotted debate to more practiced eyes.