What’s The Point?

pauladavelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am going to pick up my new furbaby tomorrow and am very excited! But not sure how to describe this little Ragdoll using the proper terms. Best I’ve figured is either cream or lilac mitted with hourglass blaze. Help with the Right description is appreciated. I’m completely new to purebred kitty’s and have a lot to learn. Could ask the breeder but would like to at least sound like I know what I’m talking about tomorrow when I pick him up lol.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a pretty kitty! I'm not the best with some colors. He appears to be pointed and it looks to be chocolate. abyeb abyeb is really good with pointed cats and colors. Maybe they will be along shortly. A pic that shows the back of his ears and maybe a body shot from the side would be helpful. Your breeder should not have a problem with you asking questions and should be more than happy to answer your questions. They know that people that get their kittens aren't cat experts. Welcome to TCS! Be sure and introduce him in the New Cats on the Block section.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pauladavelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ty, from what I could decipher from the CFA descriptions of Ragdolls I thought lilac was the more appropriate color but then google confused me with the cream. I will definitely take more pics after I get him. I’ll be meeting to pick him up at noon today. I’m so excited I love cats have two rescues at home now and I’ve been a cat owner pretty much my whole life. Have been researching Ragdolls and admiring them from afar for so long that my husband decided to get me a kitten for Christmas. It’s a little early but babies come on their own schedule ☺.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
P pauladavelle - I'm going to be the spoiler here. Dilute colours generally take longer to develop, and a Lilac Point at this age is usually almost still completely creamy white. My guess is that she'll develop into a stunning Chocolate point in the Snowshow pattern (four white feet; white blaze on the nose, and white bib). No need to ask why you couldn't sleep - she's gorgeous!

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I see the blue in these pics but, in the first pic you posted his nose does not look blue at all so, pics can be deceiving! It was just the lighting. So glad you got him! He a beautiful little guy! Keep posting pics as he gets older. Just curious...sounds like you went a long way to get him. How far did you travel if I may ask?

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What gorgeous pictures!!! What beautiful babies, regardless of their breeding how can one be so cute and people NOT MAKE A FUSS! MAX was once a tiny monkey but watching the personalties bloom as they mature is so worth them getting big♡. And coming to this site gives me my daily dose of BABIES in every color, type, size and age. Thanks for sharing.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gorgeous little kitten! It's no wonder you're so excited to get him.