What's going on? Three cats sick!

txcatlover94

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have three cats - two 1 years old and one 14 year old.

On Friday night, one of the 1 yr olds was sick - she threw up during the night, was a little down the next day (Saturday) but then recovered and has seemed completely fine since.

Today, the second 1 yr old also started throwing up. He threw up multiple times this afternoon and this evening. We'll see how the rest of the night goes, but he seems fine now.

Now, the 14 yr old cat just threw up. What is going on??

Can cats get quick bugs and also pass them to each other? I tried to look it up but couldn't really find anything out. All the diseases they can pass to each other don't really seem to match what we've been seeing.

Any ideas?

For the two younger cats I was ready to say they got into something they shouldn't have, but not the older cat as he doesn't really get into much these days.

r-kins

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are they eating all the same food? Is it a new bag or can?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

txcatlover94

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are they eating all the same food? Is it a new bag or can?
They all eat the same food. We got a new bag last week but they've been eating out of it for several days. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

txcatlover94

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you give them some wet food? I'd stop feeding from that bag.
I can (they'll probably raise a stink though 😄). I thought about it being a bad bag but wondering why we wouldn't have seen a reaction sooner and also the other two cats have eaten that food again since getting better and it hasn't caused them to throw up any more. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Will probably still throw it in the garbage just in case.