What/Which breed/breeds my cats are?

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Based on head structure and ears I would think they have one of the slinky breeds like oriental short hair in the family somewhere. They don't appear to be purebred though and without the papers certifying it, even if they were purebred  they would still be considered domestic short hair look a likes. As for age that is difficult even for vets to determine. Please keep in mind though as you read my comments I am a Persian breeder (retired) so I am NO expert on the slinky breeds!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Based on head structure and ears I would think they have one of the slinky breeds like oriental short hair in the family somewhere. They don't appear to be purebred though and without the papers certifying it, even if they were purebred  they would still be considered domestic short hair look a likes. As for age that is difficult even for vets to determine. Please keep in mind though as you read my comments I am a Persian breeder (retired) so I am NO expert on the slinky breeds!
I agreee.  I want just to add, there ARE semilonghaired orientals too, as there are semilonghaired siameses (the balinese).  Semilonghaired orietals are sometimes called for Javanese, I think. 

So the hypotethical Ancestry is perhaps not so far ago.  That said, they dont looks as  typical longhaired orientals, so at verry best they are of  pet quality.

I myself would much prefer to see them as simply, very beautiful slinky mediumhaired domestics, with all their natural pride and selfcosciousness, than "a perhaps low pet quality" Javanese...

You have two nice guys. Be happy with them!

Btw, are they related?  Littermates perhaps?    If not, in what country are you living?  In some countries, its very common many cats does has this here  orientale-alike looks...  South east asia and the island nations there for example...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in Pakistan... someone told me they have Turkish Angora in there history... and I don't know there are related or not.... but they go to toilet for do, u know what I mean:lol3: