What to do???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, he's not getting milk ever again.
If he does it will be cat milk.

That fact that he has the runs doesn't seem to bother him in the least...poor little guy I'm sure he'll miss his milk...the neighbors have been giving it to him since he first showed up.
But I'd rather he miss his milk..or get cat milk instead of having the runs.
That being the case it may take awhile for things to "firm up"!

I'm glad at least you don't think I'm a little off for thinking that about Maggie.
I really believe my Husband thought I'd gone off the deep end when I told him that

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kidd Update:

All tests were negative, no worms or other creepy crawlies in his belly.
No fleas, no ear mites...and now no more little boy parts

The Vet gave me some pills to give him to help clear up the runs...he said he doesn't want to take the chance that he'll get dehyrdrated, so he wants to clear that up.
He also gave me one worm pill...he said he didn't see anything, but to keep checking for at least three days and if I see anything to give him the pill..if not just throw the pill away.

He told me to leave him in the carrier until he wakes up fully...he's still out of it...and YUCK...he peed on the blanket that I had in the carrier, so that's getting tossed.
I keep going in to make sure he's breathing...nervous Mommy!!
I know it's not his fault he's out and probably doesn't even know he peed, poor baby.
But I'm going to buy some of those kitty bath wipes and wipe him down after he comes too...I don't want that pee smell all over his hair.

Oh and he got a rabies shot.
I sprayed Odor Neutrlizer in the bathroom...boy that stinky blanket reeks

I asked him about the fact that Kidd has never sprayed...he said sometimes they never do.

Just wanted to let all of you that have been so helpful know, that he got a clean bill of health.

I have my bottle of Vanilla ready so I can put a little on all four of them, so they all smell alike.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad he's healthy and parasite free! And poor baby.... but everyone (including Kidd) will be soooo much happier now that he's neutered.

He'll appreciate being cleaned up. One of our kitties evacuates everything from every possible outlet the minute the car starts moving. Now that we know this, we always travel prepared: we put doggy wee-wee pads in the bottom of the crate, and travel with large trash bags. I travel next to him. As soon as it's soiled, I open the crate (makes sure all windows are closed just in case), roll up the pad, and remove it. We put four or five layers in there. Poor guy!

But glad it went so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prettyboy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
YAY !!!! that is great news !!! congrats on your new addition !!

when do we get to see pictures of ALL your furbabies ?

and LDG that is a great idea !!!!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, we're glad everything went so well too.
He didn't wake up until about 10:30 last night.
I opened the carrier door and shut the bathroom door, went and got the kitty wipes and two garbage bags...by the time I got back into the bathroom he was was walking around like a little drunk

I had to throw the blanket and the carrier out...thank God today is garbage day.
I KNEW I was never going to get the pee smell out the that blanket and since it laid in the carrier for so long I figured the heck with it and it went too.
I wiped him down with the kitty wipes and now the bathroom smells normal again

I woke up about 3 AM and he was back to normal so I gave him a little water and just a handfull of dry food.
When I got up this morning he'd almost finished all the water, but had only eaten a little..I'm sure that's probably normal...I guess if I'd had something cut off my body I wouldn't feel a whole lot like eating either.

He peed in the litter box and the difference in the smell of his urine is amazing!
If the worst smell possible was 100, yesterday it was at 98..today it's a 3.

I PROMISE I'll get some pictures taken over the weekend....Kidd said he wasn't to look his best for the photo shoot

Again, thank you all for your help...I'm sure I"ll have a lot more questions when it comes to Kidd.
I've had cats all my life, but he's our first little boy.