what specific breed is my cat?

wakkk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i know she's got tuxedo patterns, but id love to find out what specific breed she is! ive been searching the internet for sooo long and have not found an accurate breed. anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuxedo cats are cool! :cool:

Unless it's a pedigreed cat with papers, most cats don't really have breeds.
Tiger Cat. (AKA: Tabby cat) Tuxedo cat. Whatever.
They would all be classified as "Domestic Short Hair."

We used to have a brown and white Van cat. He had a brown head and a brown, striped tail but, without papers we couldn't really call him an official Turkish Van. He was our cat and we loved him so it didn't really matter what the heck kind of cat he really was.

On the other hand, what do you call a cat that looks like that? Almost any white cat with a brown head and a brown tail can be called a "Van pattern" cat.

Most of the time, you just call a cat by how it looks.

Your kitty looks like she's wearing a tuxedo... She's a tuxedo cat! :)

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with above.

If you wish to press in him into some breed, so perhaps the natural breed of the Aegen cat, a natural breed around the Greek seas... Whom are typically two- or even three colored.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He liked water, too. The thing we thought would disqualify him from being, officially, a Van was he had too much brown on his sides. Usually, a real Van would only have a brown patch on the back but he had brown patches on the sides. They say that Vans are allowed to have a little bit of brown on the sides but not that much. We got him because he was too strong-willed for his original owner. Subjectively, that's another trait for Vans.

Anyway... Tuxedo Cats! :)

Even though three out of six cats that I've either owned or lived with were tabbies, those are my favorite kind of cat since I was a kid, I still think tuxedos are cool. I'd like one of my next cats to be a tux.

Yeah, I know. You don't always choose your cat. More often than not, the cat chooses you! ;)

With that in mind, I think your tuxedo cat made a good choice for a human! ;) ;) ;)