What smiley describes how you are feeling today - 2024

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's absolutely lovely especially Daisy's paw print. :greenpaw: I knew how to crochet but always liked knitting better. A teacher I worked with also knits clothes and encouraged me to start knitting again. She gave me a large bag with two sizes of needles, a bunch of yarn and even a booklet. I started to knit one evening since it all came back to me so I didn't need to look at the booklet. Unfortunately I didn't follow through.:frown:
You still can! You have the materials and there are tons of instruction videos on YouTube and loads of free patterns of all skill levels online.
Daisy and I say thank you for the compliment. :catrub:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
You still can! You have the materials and there are tons of instruction videos on YouTube and loads of free patterns of all skill levels online.
Daisy and I say thank you for the compliment. :catrub:
Love your sweater( jumper)- you're very good at it,doesn't knitting require alot of " math"? I'm blown away by Daisy's paw print,at first glance I thought it was an applique and then I realized it was actually IN the rows- incredible,just beautiful!

My mother used to knit,I never learned( never interested,such a shame)

So my ex is Australian,first time I heard " jumper" was when he told me he wanted one Christmas- I said" What?you'd wear a jumper- no way,are you joking"?

I was relieved to find out he wanted a sweater- thought the man lost his mind in the bush and wanted a jumpsuit for Christmas- rofl

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love your sweater( jumper)- you're very good at it,doesn't knitting require alot of " math"? I'm blown away by Daisy's paw print,at first glance I thought it was an applique and then I realized it was actually IN the rows- incredible,just beautiful!

My mother used to knit,I never learned( never interested,such a shame)

So my ex is Australian,first time I heard " jumper" was when he told me he wanted one Christmas- I said" What?you'd wear a jumper- no way,are you joking"?

I was relieved to find out he wanted a sweater- thought the man lost his mind in the bush and wanted a jumpsuit for Christmas- rofl
LOL! I’ve heard jumper also means a type of dress in rhe US, is that right?
Maths will depend on what sort of patterns you do, or if you’re doing things like substituting different weight yarn and need to figure out sizing. My knitting doesn’t. The most I do is count stitches. I am next best thing to innumerate, so calculations are something I avoid. Daisydins is intarsia - knitting blocks of colour. It’s easy, but you can have several balls of wool to keep out of the way. It only uses one at a time, easier ime than stranded knitting.

Have you seen @mani’s “Calling all knitters and other woolly things” thread? Maybe we should take this conversation there!