What kind of dog is she?

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wowee! I am a member of another site about dogs and these issues happen all the time. It is natural for anyone on here to want to educate about spaying and neutering. What I see, though, is somebody who stated earlier that she didn't know the things we are saying when she first got her dog, which is why it was not spayed. She was not a member of this or any other board, and came on here to get educated and find some like-minded people. She has already stated that she understands now. Let's not drive her away from the site by banging through a message that she has said she understands - and that was learned by coming on this site in the first place.

And the point made about all the unspayed animals running around her house is a valid one. The point that she needs to get now is that waiting is NOT an option, vets will sort you out financially and let you pay things off so that you can get out of these situations quickly and prevent things from getting worse. So, Brittwarwi, that is my only advice to you. I think that perhaps, like many others, you have been inadvertently irresponsible, but hopefully will in time become very responsible, which is a wonderful thing.

Plebayo, of course your opinion is free. But what makes it relevant is how you project it. Being superior is not going to help here. Everyone who is on this site is concerned for animal welfare, not just you. It is a theme that constantly runs through our threads. However, this is a friendly, lovely site where people make an effort to understand each other, be friends and be kind. Giving this girl a hard time is not what we are about, and saying that you don't care what the story or excuse is, unfortunately, makes you the narrow minded one in this argument. Being only 18 yourself I can understand why you may not be able to see all sides of a story, but your values are to be applauded. Animal welfare is a serious issue. But more messages are received and listened to when delivered with maturity and understanding than with high-handedness and close-mindedness. More people will take what you have to say more seriously if you are able to acknowledge all sides and still make a good argument.

So, let's be friends, let's be nice, and let's leave this where it is because the points have been made and we want Birttwarwi to hang around and keep learning!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello. Your dog is beautiful no matter what breed, I love the ears!! Too cute!

I am not going to tell you what should be done with your dogs. But I just want to say that I think providing you with low cost clinics is a good thing for TNR1 to do. MANY people do not know they exist and just assume it will be too expensive to vet their animals and therefore don't do it. So please at least look into those places. I know that isn't what this thread is about originally but that is at least helpful and appreciative. Maybe you didn't know about low cost clinics.

One other thing too. If it is basically up to your parents to pay the vet bills since you are under 18, why don't you look into these cheaper alternatives and show them to your parents. Maybe they don't know about low cost places either. We are just trying to help. That's all. Print out some of the information about the disease and cancers that unspayed and unneutered animals can get, I mean, it is scary and maybe they don't know about that either. Tell them about the risk they are putting the dogs in. Offer to drive the dogs to the vet for the appointment if they help pay. Have you told them how important it is to do and that the dogs can get cancer if not altered? Act worried so they see and realize how important it is. Point out too that if she is or gets pregnant then you are going to have to spay and neuter all those puppies as well as vaccinate and worm them. That is going to cost a ton.

I know that altering is not what this thread was about. Aside from some of the rude comments, please just realize we are trying to help and inform you of other options then the super expensive vets.
Most people would appreciate the little extra help aside from answering your original question. Please just look into those low cost clinics, you may even qualify for a free spay or neuter.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well no one is fighting at all. Plus this thread is like 5 days old and no one posted, so it was probably a done deal (bringing up an older thread is fine, but it may just start it up the tension again). I think we have said all that needs to be said. It is up to the OP if she wants to try and get her parents to be responsible and spay and neuter their dogs. And we all told her how absolutely adorable her dog is, and she is! What a cutie.