What kind of cat does my sister have?

sims73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My sister found a cat and we were wondering if it's a specific breed. He has darkish grey short hair with a long tail, one circle on each side and stripes on his legs. The circle and stripes are a different shade of grey. I don't know if it matters but he is extremely affectionate. Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sims73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She hasn't been able to get a good picture of him yet where you can see the markings but I'll have her try again. Thank you for answering :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She hasn't been able to get a good picture of him yet where you can see the markings but I'll have her try again. Thank you for answering
She hasn't been able to get a good picture of him yet where you can see the markings but I'll have her try again. Thank you for answering
The bullseye description was vivid enough - its a classic tabby, also called for blotched tabby or marble tabby.  Or bullseye tabby.

But tabby is no breed, its a pattern.

If you want us to have a go to guess a possible breed or at least, ancestry, so we must have some good pics to look on.

So your sis adopted this cat?   Did she looked if somebody perhaps miss this cat?   They can get dumped, but sometimes they just go astray and are wanted back home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sims73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kitten showed up at her house one day and never left and yes she tried to find the owner but no one ever claimed him. She used Facebook and everything. That's why she figures he isn't a specific breed because you would think someone would have come forward. I think maybe though because he distinct markings. I will definitely try to get a good pic of him on here. Thanks.