What' is your cat wearing?

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went to the vet today and the receptionist greeted me and gendered my cat as a "she" (he's male). I politely ignored the mix up and just called Ming a "he" and all was good.

A few hours later, I wondered why she assumed my cat would be female and I realized, my carrier was HOT PINK. And so was his collar. Haha!

My sister had purchased both the carrier and the collar a couple of years ago when we wanted a cat (but ended up not getting one) and I personally love pink so I didn't think too much of it.

Do you choose your cat's outfits, carriers, collars and other accessories based on your own preference or what you'd imagine your kitty would like?

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both carriers are your standard gray on steel lol.

But their collars, I think, say more about them.

Casper's is a blue/white/red plaid.  I see him as kind of a dapper gentlemancat.  The blue sets off nicely on his orange and white coat.

Cocoa's is sparkly orange.  It fit her personality and matches her tortie coloring nicely.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both our carriers are gray. Mooch's current collar is pink with a white filigree design on it. Noodles isn't wearing one these days; but they both have pink heart tags. Usually they have pink or purple collars; unless I find a pattern I like in something else.

Mooch is always referred to as a he. Even the vet has done it!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All 3 of my carriers are soft sided. Lilith and Sophie's are both burgundy and black and Henry's is all black. The shelter gave it to me when I brought him home.  Lilith has a purple collar and Sophie and Henry both have a black one. I have harnesses and leashes for L&S that I haven't put on them yet. Lily's is also purple to match her collar and Sophie's is black. Henry's nowhere near ready for a harness/leash set up but his will be black as well. 

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My carriers are a rag-tag assortment of Kennel Cabs and Voyagers from the sixties, seventies, and eighties. Colours are avocado, beige, and white. I have one soft one which is dark pink. They're an ugly lot, but they're strong.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My carriers are a rag-tag assortment of Kennel Cabs and Voyagers from the sixties, seventies, and eighties. Colours are avocado, beige, and white. I have one soft one which is dark pink. They're an ugly lot, but they're strong.
Stuff was built to last back then

padfootandmoony

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My carrier ways more about me (but my cat is a girl so it's also not a huge deal) but it is a pale pink. Her collars are all things i think would look cute on her or complement her torbieness. Here everyday is silver sparkle! Which makes her look very regal :) Her other two are light brown leather and black with white dots and lined with light pink! I think about what would look good on her AND what would be comfortable (was worried about the sparkles at first but its fine!) This is a fun topic :)

csts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Charvone has a blue diagonally striped collar with a black round tag that has a pirate skull n' crossbones on the front with his name and our contact info is on the back. Sakura-chan has a white collar with red and pink roses on it. I was looking for a pink collar with a cherry blossom design to match her name, but didn't find one at our local pet store, so I settled for roses. She has a purple heart-shaped name tag. Both cats also have a yellow house-shaped Home Again tag that has their microchip numbers on it. I put the Char-Char and Sakura's collars on a little loosely, even though they are break-aways, so they can slip it off if they're stuck on something or each other--both cats like to grab the other's collar when they're play-fighting. One time, I found Charvone "naked" (without his collar on) being chased by Sakura, who was wearing both collars.

"Me, steal? Never! He's just letting me borrow it for a bit!"

As for carriers, I use the big ugly plastic kennels for both cats with carrier bedding inside. When I'm taking them somewhere, I put puppy pee-pads over the bedding. Charvone likes to lounge inside of his carrier, sometimes. I have them stacked for storage purposes and you can see part of Sakura's carrier under Charvone's in the picture below. Both carriers have black bottom halves but the top halves are different (hard to tell in the picture). Charvone's is grey and Sakura's is beige. One of the reasons I like the plastic kennels is because when they make a mess in there, I can take the carriers apart easily, hose them down, and let them air-dry outside in the sun. The only problem is that they are heavy and bulky.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carriers are grey, and they don't wear collars or anything else.  People often think my cat Swanie is a girl because of the name. I didn't name him (he came with that name from the shelter) and he is all boy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

The best thing to wear!