What is this circular sore next to my cat’s ear?

hisalweisu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed this spot next to her ear about 2 days ago? I’d say it’s a bit darker than when i first found it so maybe it’s scabbing over but it’s still pretty wet looking. I don’t see her scratch excessively at it but I’m also not looking over her 24/7 so I’m not sure if she just does it when I’m not looking.

Could this be ringworm?? I saw pictures online and usually it looks like scaly skin but they also say it could be an open sore. I’m just not sure where she would have gotten it from since she’s strictly indoors and no one else, even my other cat, had the fungal infection before. Maybe we could have tracked it inside on our shoe or something but i felt like we would have noticed something sooner. We’re trying to observe ~a week before seeing a vet because we can’t go anytime soon so any advice would be helpful! Thanks.

Attachments

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I noticed this spot next to her ear about 2 days ago? I’d say it’s a bit darker than when i first found it so maybe it’s scabbing over but it’s still pretty wet looking. I don’t see her scratch excessively at it but I’m also not looking over her 24/7 so I’m not sure if she just does it when I’m not looking.

Could this be ringworm?? I saw pictures online and usually it looks like scaly skin but they also say it could be an open sore. I’m just not sure where she would have gotten it from since she’s strictly indoors and no one else, even my other cat, had the fungal infection before. Maybe we could have tracked it inside on our shoe or something but i felt like we would have noticed something sooner. We’re trying to observe ~a week before seeing a vet because we can’t go anytime soon so any advice would be helpful! Thanks.
Maybe it is just where the kitty is scratching, I have always seen ringworm and it is in a circle. Have you tried cleaning it and seeing if that helps? I am just asking questions to get a better understanding. Has it gotten bigger or stayed the same?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would say it is not ringworm, you would have had it by no and it would have spread. Put some human antibiotic salve on it and keep an eye on it, looks like a scratch or bite. If it spreads, get her in.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i would say it is not ringworm, you would have had it by no and it would have spread. Put some human antibiotic salve on it and keep an eye on it, looks like a scratch or bite. If it spreads, get her in.
Agreed 💯

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hisalweisu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe it is just where the kitty is scratching, I have always seen ringworm and it is in a circle. Have you tried cleaning it and seeing if that helps? I am just asking questions to get a better understanding. Has it gotten bigger or stayed the same?
Hey, thanks! No I didn’t have anything to specially clean it with so I’ve mostly left it alone but it looks to be the same size as I first found it. When I took a picture again today it also seemed a bit darker with more scabs. I didn’t think it was ringworm either but searching up her symptoms it was all that came up so i wanted a second opinion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hisalweisu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! That’s what i thought too but it’s nice to get a second opinion. I didn’t know human antibiotic salves worked as well…I’ll have to buy some neosporin today!

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey, thanks! No I didn’t have anything to specially clean it with so I’ve mostly left it alone but it looks to be the same size as I first found it. When I took a picture again today it also seemed a bit darker with more scabs. I didn’t think it was ringworm either but searching up her symptoms it was all that came up so i wanted a second opinion.
It maybe getting darker because it's healing. It really does look like a scab of sorts.