What is this? (BLOOD PICTURE WARNING)

Hrabbittt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a female cat and a male cat. My male cat was fixed 2 months ago. I have a female kitty who has previously been pregnant and given birth with no complications. A couple of weeks after my make was fixed, I noticed that my female cats belly has kind of hardened and had grown a bit. It hasn’t grown tremendously since then, so I just figured she put on a bit of weight. She has been nauseous but I have really noticed any other signs of pregnancy so I thought nothing about her possibly being pregnant. About a week ago I was feeling her belly because she was acting funny and I could have sworn I could feel kittens kicking or moving (it felt similar to bubbles popping). Well I was gone over the weekend, and tonight I got home and she was meowing a lot and following me around, and then I went to clean out her litter box and this was inside. I don’t know what it is, I thought maybe a period or thought it was bloody poop? If that’s possible? But now I’m wondering if it could maybe be mucus and mean babies are coming if she is pregnant? I put a laundry bin down for her with some blankets and she immediately went inside and cleaned herself for at least 10 minutes. She is sleeping now and nothing else has happened so I am just watching her. I looked at her bum area to see if there was any blood on her fur and there wasn’t but her privates kind of looked like wet with a mucus or something. Does anyone know what this could be?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hrabbittt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hrabbittt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hrabbittt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know, but everything else does seem to point to kittens.
I will keep watch. She’s keeps falling asleep and then waking up to clean herself and then getting comfortable to sleep again

Hrabbittt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: She is in and out of the basket. Still cleaning herself and napping inside. I’m not sure if she just likes the spot or is actually pregnant and soon to give birth. When she had her previous litter I never saw blood so that was the only big concern I had
BEEF6B72-EC91-46B3-940D-F5DF7A90B20F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Your male was fixed two months ago; if they mated, given that the pregnancy of a cat is about 65 days, she could be ready to give birth. Here is one issue though. If she became pregnant after, by another cat?, or your dates are off (not criticizing you by any means as this is hard to determine), and this is an earlier discharge it could mean that she might be miscarrying. Even a late appearance of blood could signify a complication.

If she is not pregnant, she is bleeding for an unexplained reason.

Can you get her to a vet? I am going to agree that there are probably kittens, although we could all be wrong, and that there might be complications. Given that the dates are unclear, she may be overdue.