What is the breed of my kitten

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The answer may depend on which country are you living in?

As it is, this kitten could be perhaps some sort of old type persian, or at least, have this ancestry.

In some countries is the Shirazi Persian common, which is a sort of old type persian.

But, being just 6 weeks, the kitten may change its looks as older, for less teddy bear alike.

So we really cant know.  

Where the teacher got this kitten?

Really, a little sweetie!

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zoghrob

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks a million for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I live in Cairo, Egypt.

The teacher has the kitten parents with all their certificates. they gave birth to 5 or 7 kitten, I don't remember exactly.That's what she told me. I remember she told me something about the Shirazi breed if I'm not mistaken. but I'm embarrassed to ask her about the certificates or even the breed as she may thing I'm criticizing the  gift.

The kitten is a real cutie. She's playful but quiet at the same time. Adorable & got a terrific look especially when she looks at you then tilts her head.

However, she's got a habit that I don't like. She clings her claws at any clothed furniture, occasionally wooden too. I don't know how to stop her from doing this. If she continues this for the rest of this month, I'll end up with shredded furniture...

I also would appreciate any advices or clues about taking care of her.

This is my first time to raise a kitten.

Thanks again & looking for reply.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Thanks a million for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I live in Cairo, Egypt.

The teacher has the kitten parents with all their certificates. they gave birth to 5 or 7 kitten, I don't remember exactly.That's what she told me. I remember she told me something about the Shirazi breed if I'm not mistaken. but I'm embarrassed to ask her about the certificates or even the breed as she may thing I'm criticizing the  gift.

The kitten is a real cutie. She's playful but quiet at the same time. Adorable & got a terrific look especially when she looks at you then tilts her head.

However, she's got a habit that I don't like. She clings her claws at any clothed furniture, occasionally wooden too. I don't know how to stop her from doing this. If she continues this for the rest of this month, I'll end up with shredded furniture...

I also would appreciate any advices or clues about taking care of her.

This is my first time to raise a kitten.

Thanks again & looking for reply.
Wow!  I see I hit right in the middle!  Shirazi Persian, right!    :)

If the parents  has certificates,  its nice if the kittens would get them too.   Its not distrust, but as I see it, it is to assure the kittens its roots, its  birthrights, its heritage.   That is at least, how I do feel it.

The certificate as such doesnt costs much.   At least, not in the usual Cat associations.

Say you adopt a child.  You are good parents, the child is a good daughter, everyone happy.  But the day may come, the child now almost adult, will want to know whom hers biological parents are.  There are several TV-series, both Swedish and from abroads, about such adopted children, happy and loving their adoptive parents, but who did their outermost to find their biological parents too...

And if these parents wer purebred, from nobility, or in other way renown, it is of course double swell to know the roots.    :)

Not to mention, a cat without papers is essentially a sweet moggie.  Even if YOU know its parents were supposed to be purebred with certificates and all.

But with the certificates you ARE that pedigree cat.  Even if you dont particpate in any breeding nor Shows.   Even if  it were of pet quality.

But a common reason some breeders are not wanting to send the certificate with the kitten they sold cheaply, or gave away as a gift, is they dont want them to be used for breeding.

Without certificate they are not interesting as breeding cats.

So, 1. assure you are NOT intending to breed her, you want just to have her as your loved family cat.

Second, assure you will let spay her, as soon she is of suitable age.   If necessary, suggest they give the certificate when she is spayed.

OK, re the scratching.   The trick is, to let her have several scratching posts and encourage her to scratch on them.   So after it you can say no and hiss if she scratches on furniture.

Also, it may be an idea to have another cat for company, so they can play together, wrestle, run after each other...  Use up their excessive energy on each other and not on innocent  furniture.

Its usually easier to have two cats then just one cat.  At least, as long as they are friends with each other.

You can start a tread in our Pregnant and kitten forum, and ask and get more advices in there.

Ort some of the other appropriate forums, depending on exact what question you want to get answers on.

Good luck!

ps.  Her color is called for blue, ie grey is called for blue in cat fanciers language.

Last edited:

zoghrob

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you very much for your kind help.

As for the certificates I'll try your advice.

I'll also try making posts for scratching. Hope this helps. lol

I found also a treasure in other forum division such as nutrition, caring... etc. Thanks to your valuable guidance.

One more question if I may ask. I heard from a friend of mine there are sub-types of Persian (may be Shirazi too) kittens. Such as doll face, moon face .. etc...

I don't know which one is her & how to categorize her. I'll be grateful if you could shed some light on this.

Many thanks.

zoghrob

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I forgot....

We hadn't name her yet.

Could you propose a name too ...

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh I forgot....

We hadn't name her yet.

Could you propose a name too ...
Wow , such a beautiful kitty .. Congrats !  I love her gray color and cute little face .. 

It is hard to say what would be the right name but I would be happy to give some suggestions..

Emily

Paris

Zsa Zsa 

Candy

Savannah ..

evamilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ahh she is lovely so pretty. I have no idea about breeds, but as for names, I think she looks like a Rosie