what is the breed of my cat

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi can anyone help me to identify the breed of this little kittens? they are very active and curious in everything
Without papers or a solid background story, you cant know anything.   Also, small kittens may be difficlut.  They usually do grow into their big ears.  Some other look quite alike a teddy bear. Not your...

But she has the looks of an  Orientale.  Or possibly, a fresh mix of a modern siamese.  A siamese, mixed with something else, her children arent points, but may still have the overall looks.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

jonel kasunuran

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
the person who sold me these told me they are oriental shorthair. but i just wanted to make sure. so how can I properly identify them?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

the person who sold me these told me they are oriental shorthair. but i just wanted to make sure. so how can I properly identify them?
I dont think you can, if you dont got papers or this person gave an entirely reliable impression and evidence.

But she does looks like an oriental shorthair, so it may very well be true.

A good breeder belonging to a serious association  wouldnt never sell SO young kittens, but it seems quite common for BYB breeders.

jonel kasunuran

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ahh okey thanks but what is the difference between kho manee and the foreign white kitten?

jonel kasunuran

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are very energetic and cannot stay in one place. Their mother is pure white and their father is pure black

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are very energetic and cannot stay in one place. Their mother is pure white and their father is pure black
This increases the probability of them being Oriental shorthair for real.  They are solid color - colored.   (other solution are allowed in some associations but they are renowned for being solid color).

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ahh okey thanks but what is the difference between kho manee and the foreign white kitten?
I dont know enough to give an reliable answer.   Its of course two entirely different breeds.  The khao Manee is a breed from Thailand, still fairly rare in the Western world. They are renown for different eye colors on the same cat.

Foreign  white is really an older descrition, from the time when the cat breeds werent really well described.  Their body structure was more or less of a Orientale shorthair of today.

And thus, I suppose some would call the Oriental shorthair for  Foreign cat, and Foreign white if it was of white solid color...  It may also possibley depend on the asociation in question.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps. This kittens has blue eyes.  I think they are blue because its still a very young kitten.   But there are breeds who can have the unusal blue eyes, without being points.

Im not sure, but I think Khao Manee is one of them.

jonel kasunuran

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What does it mean when they retain their blue eyes until adulthood?