What is my kitty mixed with?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is a point for sure. And he is a tabby - a classic tabby, called also for marbled or blotched.

Thus marbled lynx point.

The question, is he is quite dark in the body.  Is he an older cat, with black ears and tail - the so called  seal point?  if so, it should be the explanation - they do darken up visibly as older.

If not, the equation isnt satisfied, there is one X factor more.

And this may be: his point genes are  not a doubled up gene point of siamese type,  but it may be one of the siamese type, and the other of burmanese type.

Such points typically darken up already as several months old kittens, and their eyes are seldom good blue - as the burmanese are dark in skin and they dont carry usually blue eyes.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

the dude

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think you are right about the Lynx point and Tabby! I figured Tabby but couldn't figure out the other part.. He is not dark in the coat and we are not sure of his age.. I think he might be 2 years based on his behavior.. Thanks for your feedback :-)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think you are right about the Lynx point and Tabby! I figured Tabby but couldn't figure out the other part.. He is not dark in the coat and we are not sure of his age.. I think he might be 2 years based on his behavior.. Thanks for your feedback :-)
Aha, so it was just the pics which were dark. That is why he seemed dark in coat.   I see!