What is my kitten?

amber13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I'm new to this site. Im getting a new kitten but don't actually get it for a couple of weeks yet. I wanted to know if it is a calico

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The blue spots look they have tabby markings, so she would technically be a Dilute Torbie and White.

Dilute means she has blue and cream instead of the "normal" black and orange and torbie means that she is a tortoiseshell with tabby markings in both colors.

She could also be called by some a patched tabby I believe (also still dilute) or a Dilute Caliby since her tortoiseshell markings are more spots than blended and she has a lot of white.

Officially I believe is Dilute (or blue/cream) Torbie and White.

czygyny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The rule of thumb I've always used to tell girls vs boys is that if the bottom end looks like a semi-colon ; then it is a female, a colon : is a male. The female's genitalia will be a slightly longer slit than the males 'dot'. Of course it is much easier when you have one of each to make comparisons...but in your case, calico or tortie genetics tends to be females in most cases. You'd have a rare kitty if it was a male and he would be sterile.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amber13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So looks like it's a girl, Thanks for the feedback :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amber13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update:
We could finally take our beautiful kitten home and we took it the vet and it's actually a BOY!
[emoji]128512[/emoji]