What Is My Cat

rreshiram

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ive been asking on like a million forums and I'm not getting answers. This is my baby Link and I really would like to know what breed he is. He's around 3 years old and suspected to be a bengal

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, I could believe that he has some Bengal influence. Without papers, though, he would be a brown spotted tabby Domestic Shorthair. Very striking pattern for sure!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would agree with DSH spotted tabby. Maybe some bengal in the gene pool but a little boxy for an actual bengal.

By the way, great name. I have a Link (currently my avatar) too as does sarah430 sarah430 . In good company :hyper:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rreshiram

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much! You two have lovely cats in your profile pictures

sarah430

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww...another Link! Except for no white, he looks very similar to my Link-y (or Link Link). :)

In my avatar he's the kitty in the front. Looks gray tabby in this pic but he's more brown.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I want to mention, not all spotted bengals have their typical rosette spots. I myself saw on a Show a rather ordinaire spotted tabby bengal. Certified and all. I dont think he come into the final rounds of the Show, no way - but he was purebred and allowed into the show. He surely got his Excellent marks.

So, although formally this cat is a domestic shorthair, spotted tabby, he may very well have a very near bengal ancestry - of such a spotted bengal. especielly as his spots ARE nice, they arent just random, they are nicely distributed, so to speak.