What is my breed? Or lack of breed?

mwrockstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello.. I would like to know what breed I am or what mix I am. Anything about me would be helpful. Am I a japonese bobtail mixed with a squirrel? Am I a basket case? :)
I really wanted to know so I can tell my cat friends. I'm 4 months old and I am really big with 2kg.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you in Japan? She looks like a lot of the mi-ke street cats in Japan :D. So the answer is, she probably does have some Japanese Bobtail in her; most Japanese street cats do. But not from the purebred stock, just the old landrace stock. The floofy tail but the rest of the body shorthaired is called mediumhaired. So she's a domestic mediumhair with Japanese street cat heritage. If you're in Japan as I'm assuming.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This pattern and hairlengh could otherwise be said to be a nice look alike to a Turkish Van.   We have in fact at this moment an interesting parallell tread, where even an knowleable forumist explained some of the genetical mysteries behind...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mwrockstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you in Japan? She looks like a lot of the mi-ke street cats in Japan :D. So the answer is, she probably does have some Japanese Bobtail in her; most Japanese street cats do. But not from the purebred stock, just the old landrace stock. The floofy tail but the rest of the body shorthaired is called mediumhaired. So she's a domestic mediumhair with Japanese street cat heritage. If you're in Japan as I'm assuming.
Unfortunately, I'm not in Japan. I'm in the south of Brazil. She is a street kitty that was abandoned and I picked her up.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's very pretty and I love her face spot. Gives her character!