What Is Her Breed?

Zsofi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet told that she saw something other breed because her eyes and head shape and a little bit bigger ears than the regular cats. And yesterday I was a cat show and I saw an abyssinian kitten who almost totaly look like my one. What do you think she is half (or less :D) abyssinian cat? Thank for the help. :)

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is lovely! She is a brown tabby, and it looks like she has either a broken mackerel pattern, or spotted pattern. I'm not really seeing a likeness to the Abyssinian breed, as Abys have a shorter face and a different eye expression; also, Abys are ticked tabbies, and have a warmer/redder coat color than your girl. However, I do think her head looks a little like an Ocicat. Perhaps that is what you saw at the cat show?
Breed Profile: The Ocicat

Most cats are domestic shorthairs without any specific breeds in their ancestry, and there is enough genetic diversity in the domestic gene pool that your girl may simply be a domestic shorthair. It's also possible that she has some Siamese/Oriental, Aby, or Ocicat in her ancestry. How old is she? If she is a kitten or adolescent, she may grow into those big ears.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zsofi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, she is just 5 month old. :) It was an aby kitten, but maybe it was just random that they were similar. :D

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s so pretty! I would describe her as a brown broken mackeral tabby Domestic Shorthair. Abyssinians have a ticked tabby pattern, meaning that each individual hair is banded with different colors, and they don’t have spots or stripes.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first joined the site I remember asking here if my girl was going to grow into her ears because people kept remarking on them and it didn't seem possible!

Lelia at 5ish months:
20170906_183313.jpg

Lelia recently:
20180916_095446.jpg

They're still a bit big for her head, especially compared to the bf's cat's ears, but they fit her a lot better now. I bet the same thing will happen with yours in the next year. :lovecat:

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abys are one of my favorite cat breeds. Yours does not look at all like one but is still an adorable Domestic short hair!

Benjamin Franklin (Benji)

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I first joined the site I remember asking here if my girl was going to grow into her ears because people kept remarking on them and it didn't seem possible!

Lelia at 5ish months:
View attachment 256041

Lelia recently:
View attachment 256042

They're still a bit big for her head, especially compared to the bf's cat's ears, but they fit her a lot better now. I bet the same thing will happen with yours in the next year. :lovecat:
Your kitties are so cute!!