What Influence Do You Think?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that the terror is not here, I finally get some peaceful time with my kitten. I've noticed a few things I didn't pay much attention to before. Like her paws. They are huge for an 11 week old kitten. Also, since she was shaved for her spay, she has a spotted stomach. She also still has those steel grey/ice blue eyes.
IMG_0013.JPG

I know that she is considered a DMH since she was found on the highway. I also realize that she may just be a normal tabby.
But, do any of you think there is an influence in this kittens breeding? Like maybe Maine Coon.
IMG_0011.JPG

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Stomach is often spotted but we see spots on side too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So tabby's can have spots also? I'm not too familiar with the various tabby coloring.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, at least in the american usage. In many languages with tabby they mean the classical, bulls eye tabby. The others are striped / tigrered , or spotted, but they are no tabbies how much M they do carry on their forehead.

We in America are more pedagogic in this aspect. :)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think she would be called a cream spotted tabby Domestic Mediumhair. Is she larger than most kittens her age? If so, that could indicate some giant breed influence, like a Maine Coon, as you mentioned.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she would be called a cream spotted tabby Domestic Mediumhair. Is she larger than most kittens her age? If so, that could indicate some giant breed influence, like a Maine Coon, as you mentioned.
She's is bigger than both her siblings. I took this one on Saturday because of the size difference.
IMG_0002.JPG