What else can go wrong?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The same thing that's happening to Sophie happened to a friend of Nana's cats last year they thought she had a urine infection but she was actually 'calling' (In Season) and didn't know what the itching feeling was inside her. I hope it's just that.

Thanks. Sam.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's peeing now
BUT They can't get a urine sample from her, because she keeps going in the newspaper, so now in her cage at the vets they have 3 litter trays, 1 for her to sleep in, 1 to urinate in and 1 to take up space
, I'll let ya'll know how it goes

Thanks for everything my friends at TCS, I love each and everyone of you!

*smiles*
Sam.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally they let Sophie come home
, It cost a tonne but I'm just glad it's all sorted out
, she's on antibiotics for a week, but it's so craaazy if she needs to go toiltet we have to run a tap as to mock going 'wees' LOL, Thanks for all the prayers it seemed to work coz she's home!

Thanks Again!
Love Sam.

rock&fluff'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just now reading this about Sophie Sam..I am so sorry you had to go through all of this...I know you are young still, but you are such a strong person to stay up all those hours to take care of your little Sophie, that will just make you a wonderful mother to your human kids someday ya know? You are a wonderful meowmie!!!!

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear Sophie's better. You're wonderful to take such great care of her.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Tess and Kathy!

It means alot to me, I went from feeling guilty to feeling proud that I could help this cat, Thanks Kathy! I really don't wanna have children just lots of cats
, I dunno

Sam.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I know about it and it may be able to help someone in the future.

Cystitis
The bladder is a distendable muscular sack or resevior used to store the urine formed by the kidneys until the cat is ready to eliminate it. Although the bladder is a relatively simple structure , things can go wrong. When they do, the result is often acutely uncomfortable.
Cystitis, meaning inflammation of the bladder wall, is a relatively common condition in the cat and one that can cause great irritation and distress.
Causes
Many cases of cystitis are assiciated with the formation of a coarse ,sand-like deposit.
Bacterial Infection is probably the most common cause of cystitis. Some bacteria are normally present in urine but do not cause problems under normal circumstances. It is when there bacteria are able to multiply, or if particularly pathogenic bacteria gain entry, that cystitis flares up.
The factor that favour bacterial cystitis include
* Urine stagnation: an important feature of the bladder's defense system is that it empties almost completely. Cats should urinate three or more times daily, literally flushing out bacteria and wastes before they have time to do any damage. If the cat cannot (or will not) empy it's bladder reguarly then bacteria have a much better chance of multiplying to gain a foothold. Such a situation could occur if the cat dooes not get to empty its bladder. For example the cat my be reluctant to go outside if it is raining or too cold. Or there may be a partial obstruction of the bladder or perhaps a disturbance of a bladder function, for example due to spinal injury.
*Physical irritation of bladder wall from bladder stones.
*Iritation due to the bladder worm (these worms only rarely cause problems)
Signs
The first sign is usually your cat begins to urinate more often, sometimes in unusal places like in the bath or the sink. Only small quantities of urine are passed at each attempt. As the condition develops, the cat spends more time squatting and straining, perhaps scratching at the ground, twitching it's tail and looking around anxiousely. The urine is sometimes bloodstained and may have a strong,offensive owner. The straining can easily be mistaken for a sign of constipation. Many owners waste valuable time treating these cats with oil and purgatives.
Most cats remain fairly bright and continue to eat.Most drink more.
Treatment
Antibiotics normally if an infection is present or suspected.