What does my cat look like? 12 years old, Non-vocal, sociable, loveable

darkrulerxxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So i have had my cat for almost twelve years but i have not been able to find out what breed he is.

Some say Siamese some say Burmese but im not sure which

Traits/Personality: Loveable, Very sociable, Non-vocal, active in his earlier days, not so much now, but always goes for the chance to get outside,
Appearance: Short haired, sheds in summer, Blue eyes, mix of tan and dark brown around his body. 

I would greatly Appreciate if you guys can help me out what breed this cat is, THANK YOU!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkrulerxxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ahh your cat is soo cute : )

Is your cat vocal though? Samuel very rarely uses his voice in a meow or even hissing. he doesnt Do any of that.

mrsmcfadden

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Neither does mine. When she is vocal she's LOUD. She's antisocial. He looks to have Seal point markings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkrulerxxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i see, my cat is very sociable, but not vocal at all...its a weird combination but he loves everyone, including strangers.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think there is any way to tell what breed(s) your cat comes from. The pointed pattern does come from the Siamese, but it has been passed around so much since then that there's no way to know whether your cat had a Siamese parent... or whether the pointed pattern came from a Siamese cat a hundred years ago. He has a rather average body and head--just middle of the road. Siamese tend to have these long, slender bodies and heads, though they weren't always so extreme. There have been many other breeds that had the pointed pattern since then, as well as many random-bred cats. Your cat could have gotten his points from a Birman or Ragdoll ancestor just as well as from a Siamese. But as things stand, I don't think there's any way to know just where he got his good looks from.