What do you think?

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lisa - has Ziggy been fixed?

What about trying to take him out on a lead/harness so he can get a taste of the great outdoors during the evenings/weekends.

It such a shame he's playing up. What went wrong - with Phoebe's welcome you think Ziggy would calm down quickly.

It would be a real pity to separate them again after all the time and trouble to untie them.

Maybe some of our more experienced cat people can offer some real behavioural advice?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisav

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes Yola, Ziggy's desexed. We have taken him outside on his harness but he's not real keen on daytime adventures so we even tried taking him out at night time which still didn't satisfy him.

He is just a totally different cat to Phoebe - she waltzed out of her cat cage after her flight and said "Here I am, aren't I just gorgeous!" and gave us a big forehead smooch (you know the one, when they rub their noses and cheek across your forehead 4 or 5 times in a row). She did a 20 min inspection of the house and then said "What's for dinner?", ate dinner then smooched with us the rest of the night before purring herself to sleep between us in bed!

I've had cat's all my life and have come to learn what they're feeling by their body language etc. Ziggy doesn't seemed totally stressed out, he's just not happy with the situation - he wants to be free to roam outside at night and we won't let him. He comes up for hugs, pats and kisses and eats well but then yowls and becomes very destructive at night time. He obviously just isn't happy here.

Phoebe has totally changed since his arrival, preferring to sit alone and not interacting with us like she used to. She was overweight when she came to us and we couldn't work out why because she's not a really foodie. As soon as Ziggy arrived she started eating frantically which we can only put down to her feeling that Ziggy is a threat to her food supply so she eats everything really fast.

At this point we think we'll be sending him back to his owners in Sydney - it will be best for all concerned, they miss him terribly too.

Lisa

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry it isn't working out with Ziggy. Maybe you and non-Russian Blues were just not meant to be.

But if both cats are unhappy and you and Tom are getting no sleep, you right, it's far the best thing to do.

Take care

lisav

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ziggy has been sent back to his owners in Sydney. They were happy to take him back and apologised profusely for his bad behaviour. I assured them that we didn't blame him or them and that like you say Yola, it obviously just wasn't meant to be.

Well, the good news is.... Phoebe is returning to her old self already with lots of smooches and cuddles being offered to us once again! We will now all be able to get some sleep and get on with our lives!

:rainbow: :daisy: :bubbly:

Lisa

lisav

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Meghan,

Here's a photo we took of Phoebe - she just loves that Teddy!

lisav

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All is well in the world!

Finally, the cat shuffling is over!

Phoebe is sooooooo affectionate and happy these days. She's eating normally (rather than pigging out like she was when Ziggy was here) and seems very content being "top cat".

She curls up on my chest everynight while I lay on the lounge watching TV - her furry, purry little head rests against my cheek and she offers lots and lots of kisses constantly. At night she sleeps with us and just loves being hugged while she sleeps - sooooo sweet! :tounge2:

Ziggy has settled back in at home and his owners say he's acting like he never left. Both cats seem to be happier than ever!

Thank you so much guys for being there for me, you've made all of this so much easier to deal with.

Lisa

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phoebe is a beautiful Russian Blue!
She looks very happy with her Teddy! Sorry to hear it didn't work out with Ziggy --

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lisa ~ I too am sorry that Ziggy was not meant to be with you in your family. Your Phoebe looks like a doll and very content!
I hope that you post a lot of pics of your girl. She is truly beautiful.....