TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
However sweet this young cat is, I think you must satisfy yourself with the brand of shorthair domestic tabby, mackerel tabby.

Still, a winner in the long run.   :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ac1ionm4m

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your reply, that was my assumption at first until i discovered tabby is not actually a breed, its a colour pattern that can happen with almost all breeds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ac1ionm4m

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im only asking about its breed as i have no idea where he came from soni dont know who his parents were.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's surely a domestic shorthair (very common mixed breed essentially). Beautiful tabby cat pattern though. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im only asking about its breed as i have no idea where he came from soni dont know who his parents were.
Yeah, and this too deems him to be counted as a domestic.   Even if had the looks of a purebred.   Your boy has every looks of a very nice domestic.  The salt of the earth, as they say in the good book.

Its really not the looks, but the ancestry, as proven by documents, or at least,  good evidence, which makes them belonging to a breed.

Of course, its a nice pastime to speculate if they are look alikes.

The beauty of it, sometimes we DO discover, a cat is not only a look alike, but almost surely, a purebred too, although without papers.  It feels important to me.   Every child has the right to  its ancestry, so to speak.  Especielly if that child is an orphan.    If you see my comparing  with the world of humans.

In other cases, we can calmly say  an" almost bengal", must be a domestic: bengals are really distinctive, if you see a decently colored bengal, you dont have much doubt; purebred, or at very least, a natural son/ dau to one.